Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gday all where can i get a tailgate lock from tried super cheap and autobarn they cant get them or just too lazy to look properly going to try bursons tomorrow.

has anyone bought a new one where from and a rough price.

cheers all

·
Registered
nissan MQ
185 Posts
Do you have the same problem I did last year. The tailgate window refused to open when I pressed the release button. I pulled it out and found that a small part of the mechanism had fatigued and broken off. I took that bit right out and put it all back together.

Now the tail gate opens by turning the key to the left and then pressing the button, still with the key in the lock. When it opens I can then remove the key. But I cannot just unlock the button and open the tail window just by pressing the button, without the key inserted. Does not seem to be an issue. At least I know the back window is always locked and secure whenever it is closed.

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no mate my tailgate does'nt even have a lock

·
Registered
nissan mq
3 Posts
Tailgate lock

Hi Mate, i have just got hold of a MQ patrol, will check to see if lock still there and if its working ok , will let you know in a couple of days

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
I've got the exact same problem as you millsy, it only happened recently but it's a pain in the bum. Going to have to pull my thumb out and fix it up soon.

·
Registered
nissan patrol mk
3,307 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol mk
3,307 Posts
sorry, didn't realize that first one was for a barn door...

perhaps you can ask the seller?

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tried most of the wreckers in bris and none of them have the lock still in the tailgate rang nissan ex japan if still available $192.60 inc ouch!!!!!

·
Registered
nissan patrol mk
3,307 Posts
how about welding it up and just make an electric switch from the inside? Could open on command from the front :)

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think im going to have to as it goes for roadworthy friday

·
Registered
833 Posts
Lol I sold a complete tailgate including working lock for $30 to chops.. There has to be someone out there with one, in sure I have sent a few to sims metal.. I have another tailgate at home, will check for you tonight..

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
I'm pretty sure a wrecker in Sydney has one I can call him tomorrow, I gather you want the whole latch not just the tumbler?
I assume its a Shorty

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes it's a shorty
im after the bit that fills the hole in the tailgate everything else is there..
i just rang my mate who is doing the roady he said to just get any barrel to fill the for when i go to qld transport but i'd still like to get one

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
yes it's a shorty
im after the bit that fills the hole in the tailgate everything else is there..
i just rang my mate who is doing the roady he said to just get any barrel to fill the for when i go to qld transport but i'd still like to get one
Get a fuel lid tumbler from Supercheap about $22 should fill the hole. I was going to buy one last week as when painting the fuel cap door I removed the lock and lost the sucker somewhere.

·
Registered
nissan mq
3 Posts
gearbox swap

hi guys, is it possible to swap a 5 speed box from a mq petrol 2.8liter i think and wack it behind a SD33

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
The LWB and SWB tailgate barrells are the same
A fuel tank flap barrell is different
Main roads QLD dont inspect the cars at rego time anymore
Go in pay ya money get ya receipt and of ya go
Tailgate barrells sheeet im getting between $30-$50 2nd hand if and when i can get them
(Thats working and with keys)
Aftermarket ones from others that have bought dont fit
Id have a barrell here,but the tailgate is immaculate wouldnt be keen to split it

ronandju,
Do a search bud
The answer is there

·
Registered
nissan
493 Posts
Do you have the same problem I did last year. The tailgate window refused to open when I pressed the release button. I pulled it out and found that a small part of the mechanism had fatigued and broken off. I took that bit right out and put it all back together.

Now the tail gate opens by turning the key to the left and then pressing the button, still with the key in the lock. When it opens I can then remove the key. But I cannot just unlock the button and open the tail window just by pressing the button, without the key inserted. Does not seem to be an issue. At least I know the back window is always locked and secure whenever it is closed.
Haha thats the exact same thing with mine it wasnt working one day so i had a look and there was a spring that had broken so i took it out and now to unlock it i put in the key turn it left then push and you cant keep it unlocked without a key...but as you said its good coz u cant accidently leave it unlocked.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts