Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I would be interested to hear from anyone that has got one of these fitted.

Thanks, Kevin

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409054943.359768.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
4,454 Posts
With the way the 3 litre blows by, I would get a provent 200 for half the price and stay away from one with no outlet for the oil.

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,105 Posts
With the way the 3 litre blows by, I would get a provent 200 for half the price and stay away from one with no outlet for the oil.
X 2. It says it has a drain plug but not sure if it can be easily adapted to fit a drain pipe.
I would fill that thing in a couple thousand k's.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The problem is that I've got no room to mount the Provent. These can be fitted on the chassis. I gather that no one has fitted one ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409191451.966496.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissangqpatrol
267 Posts
Can't believe anyone would pay that much money for a catch can.
My setup was a total of $95.00 including all parts and hoses.
My walks through bunnings have given me many ways to save dollars over the years. This has been in my patrol for 6 years now and works perfectly. The can is about the size of a coke can but a tad longer. The most it has ever filled up with oil was just under half and that was a trip from Melbourne - sydney - fraser island for 10 days then back to sydney and onto melbourne. You dont need BIG !!!!
What you need is functioinal. It bolts into the factory holes on the inlet manifold. The white brackets are from bunnings plumbing section, they are clamps for the pvc pipes. I used 2 to stop vibration. Clear hose lets you see whats happening in the hose incase somethings not right with the oil. Better to see it and fix it BEFORE its damaged I recon.
works perfectly and it does have a drain bolt but I just take it off and clean it as I do with every service the car gets.

Oil Catch Can Setup Photo by cokeaddict571 | Photobucket

Catch Can Hose Into Air Filter Photo by cokeaddict571 | Photobucket
The clear hose you see sitting on the the can is not part of it. That's the hose I use in the bucket for hot showers.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
Provent is bulky but is far more convenient to drain the collected oil back to the sump or have a tap to drain into a container at regular oil change time.

With the Taipan, how do you drain it. Do you have to take the bolts out and remove the side cover? That will be messy.
[/IMG]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts