Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GR SE
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I dont seem to be able to find any info on 1996 Y60 RD28T tappet clearances. Are they even adjustable. Mine sound a bit noisy. Still waiting for my manual to be delivered from Aus to UK Any help appreciated.:)
Thx Gary

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GR SE
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mmm 73 views and still no clues :( Surely one of you knowledgeable chaps can help this old Pom':bowdown:
Thx Gary

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GR SE
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx for the replies.
Not 100% its tappet noise but i sounds very much like it to me. Just got the motor and knew nothing about Nissans. Had loads of LR's, Ssangyongs and Landcruiser most with diesels. The noise is just the same as on my old series LR just before the rockershaft broke. Have since discovered theRD28T is overhead cam. Could it be a shim with a dimple in it?. (thats a shim not a sheila ;) before some bright spark says something)
I have ordered a manual from Aus as in the UK they are like gold dust.
Looks like it may have to go to the stealer for a diagnostic.
Gary

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
It could be a worn shim. You might just have to wait for your manual then check the clearances. Also when you're putting the tappet cover back on make sure your cam is in the right position before putting the vacuum pump back on otherwise there might be a bit of swearing before it fits on (assuming your vacuum pump is on the tappet cover like the Aussie model). Just thought I'd mention it incase its not in your manual.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GR SE
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. Will wait for the manual to arrive so I can the info for the Y60 RD28T engine.(Although you are probably right that the Y60 and Y61 are very similar from what I have seen). Hopefully it wont be too long. The vacuum pump is the 4" round lump on the back end of the camcover I presume.:)
Thx Gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts