Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Y61=WIN
nissan
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newman Plane Incident Charge - A 37 year old man was charged today in relation to him taxiing a propeller driven Beechcraft 2 seater aircraft (minus wings) through Newman to the Newman Hotel (purple pub) on Friday 31 October 2014 at about 2.10pm.

It will be alleged that he had just bought the aircraft from a private residence and was taking it home on the other side of the town, but stopped at the pub.

On examination it was found to have an exposed fuel line hanging from the side of the aircraft attached to an unsecured jerry can inside the cabin to enable the engine to run. On stopping the aircraft the accused left the engine in a potentially dangerous condition with the ignition on.

The accused does not hold a pilot’s licence and the roads were busy with other vehicles and pedestrians at the time.

The accused has been charged with Endanger Life, Health or Safety of a Person and is due to appear in the Newman Magistrates Court on 18 November 2014.

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,230 Posts
There's not much you can do in Newman without drinking to it...

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,512 Posts
probably thought it was a Toyota 4x4. its got good ground clearance.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
He deserves a medal. I love to have beer with people as mad as this.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,990 Posts
That dude is awesome, he earned that beer.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
No reg markings on the body of the plane?

Gee's look at cost of your fuel. 1.76 is that liter or gallon?

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Better parking skills than the coppers

Dsep that is a litre price

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,568 Posts
I'm impressed, damn rule book always gets in the way of good ideas at the time! :p

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,990 Posts
No reg markings on the body of the plane?

Gee's look at cost of your fuel. 1.76 is that liter or gallon?
Per litre, pretty bloody expensive too.
Diesel near me is 1.42 per litre and petrol fluctuates between 1.37 and 1.50 per litre.

·
Registered
nissan
87 Posts
I would buy him a beer. We need more characters. Lived in Newman in the 70s , plenty to do if you like dirt bike riding and beer. Some top water holes around the place as well.

·
Y61=WIN
nissan
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The stupid thing is the cops in their attempt to allocate blame, tried to say in their submission to the court that by removing the wings, the offender was enhancing the potential for harm to the community.

You dont need to be a rocket scientist to appreciate, if the devices that primarily cause lift in an aircraft to occur, being the oh my god what I shock, the wings, then you wont have the lift that the wings cause if they are removed......

Yes it was dumb of the bloke but jeezus, are we in a nanny state of what? The cops dont know physics. They have a tough job dealing with the problems of society and I sympathise, but dont pretend to understand matters you are actually ignorant of......

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,568 Posts

·
Y61=WIN
nissan
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for following that up. Its amazing the spin the news article tries to put on this. "....was being steered with foot pedals!" Well, when taxiing the foot pedals are used for "steering", with either the pedals themselves or in the case of fixed position steering gear, using the toe brakes, also operated by the pedals as a way to turn while taxiing.

I guess at least its a fine so no jail time for the bloke. A prop is dangerous and it was stupid but jail time would have been excessive in my view.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts