Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody
I just bought a 95 TI, petrol with the auto(auto for the wife), It is a stock Patrol even has road tyres on it at the moment.
Is there anyway I can get better fuel consumption out of it?
Was thinking of upgrading the exhaust to make it flow better as this helped my last petrol Patrol.

Any ideas will be helpful,
Thanks

·
Registered
539 Posts
HAHA! Patrol and fuel consumption...... hahahahah!

You will probably not get any better than 20-25litres / 100klms city driving.
I have had mine down to 15-17litres/100 on a trip.

The only way to save money on fuel is to go LPG. It will use the same amount per 100 but half the price of petrol.

Sorry for the laughter dude. They are a great truck but thirsty.

·
Registered
nissan
351 Posts
Yes they are thirsty.I also would like to know if exhaust mods will improve economy.
I was considering gas but decided against it. Mainly for the age of my vehicle.
I have a 95 efi auto. I am getting around 14 - 15l /100 on the highway, and around 19 around town

·
Registered
nissan
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are right guys it is thirsty but are a great truck, I am getting about 19-20lt/kms around town but on the highway it is good, well passable.
On my last Patrol I upgraded the exhaust an it did improve the fuel on the shorty.
Was thinking of putting it on gas but need to come up with the money first, I was even thinking about a hi-clone but not shore if they work.
Thanks for the info boys.

My patrol goes everywhere but pass the servo.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Had a 94 TB42 dual fuel...

For a start 15 cruise and 19 around town is about as good as it gets.

When I lifted and added 33's those figures were long gone. Exhaust mods will make improvements but soooo small as to be hardly worth it just for the fuel saving but can be nice for an extra tad of performance and a nice note. I put a 2 1/2 from the Cat back and was about to rrsehole the Cat when I sold the old darlin'

Also if you go LPG you will find there will be worse economy on Petrol as you have to tune between the two fuels, only marginal but there is no upside other than the price of BBQ fuel be 1/2 that of ULP in the city. Start heading out bush and LPG skyrockets in price

·
Registered
nissan
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LPG in the bay is about 81c and petrol is $1.30, there is not much in savings plus the cost to put gas on is going to have to be facted in too. If LPG was cheaper here it would be a great idea I guess.
It will be getting a better exhaust system fitted to get a good note and to help her get a long too.
Do Hi-clones work or are they a waste of money???

My patrol goes everywhere but pass the servo.

·
Registered
nissan
357 Posts
gq

Hiclones are a feed of shi*t, dont waste your money on one. Cylinder ports and overall head design are far more critical to swirl and tumble and hence power. Theoretically if there was something wrong with the inlet tract and dynamics of the air going in then maybe guide vanes would help. Single cam Tb's have a comparitively big valve hence low air speed so its not an area that will yield much useful gain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts