Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 94 gq with a tb42 efi and l decided to do a swap on motors as the old one was a tired lpg motor, I've decided to put this new motor on straight petrol.
I have been on this for awhile and last weekend decided to finish it off and start it up with a mate, we set the timing to 10degree btdc as it says on the motor .
Now when the motor is on idle it sounds alil rough but "ok" timing is on 10degrees but once we slowly rev it its unhappy and wants to stall and timing goes way out, also the exhaust manifold starts to get hot very quickly, any ideas what this could be? Maybe vacuum lines not correct?

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
Timing is too retarded or fueling is too much. If the timing is too retarded it doesn't allow enough time to completely burn the fuel injected resulting in too much heat a hot glowing manifold. Try advancing the timing a bit and see how it goes. Apart from that make sure your MAF and O2 sensors are working correctly too and there is no exhaust blockage.

·
Registered
nissan
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks mate will check that then will try advance it abit and see what she does, if nothing will check the others
Thanks Phil

·
Registered
nissan
377 Posts
you need to unplug the iac valve at the rear of the manifold before you set the base timing to 10deg as per spec. they typically run at 15deg at idle normally(ecu talk readings) so if oyu don't unplug the iac just set it to 15deg with the motor idling at operating temp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts