Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol 89 tb42
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again, just pulled my head off the gq. After it forever getting hot and using water about 1ltr to top up radiator after having the rad fixed about a month ago, ive replaced the clutch fan with two thermos off a au ford it now has a total of four fans , still got hot after running down the road to the shops etc, so ive pulled off the head and found no 6 cylinder full of water and the spark plug a bit water logged etc the head gasket looked shagged at the back of cylinder head , has anyone else come across this is it common , should i check the push rod of piston to see if goes to the top of block evenly
cant be good trying to compress water go to get the head checked out and tested etc
then she should be on the road .

has any stayed at gordon country camp grounds near beauderest going there for easter holidays cheers simo

·
Creepy Lurker
nissan
542 Posts
Can't tell you much about the mechanical question but Gordon Country Camp grounds are very nice. Camped there a few times. They have a few more amenties since the first time I went (toilets and such) but you can camp away from that if you wish. Don't know what the little cabins are like as we always camp near the creek. Best part about it NO phone service just relax and do you thing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts