Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a standard exhaust on my tb42 shorty was thinking if removing the muffler for a little more noise .. Will it b too loud or should i get something like a hot dog put in.. I'n not aiming for power or anything just want it to have a nice note up the tracks

·
Registered
nissan
298 Posts
My shorty only has 1 centre muffler 2 1/2 system with extractors and I like the way it sounds, not too loud and has a nice note

·
Registered
nissan
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't wanna fork out big buks for an after market exhaust i am just thinking if removing standard muffler and replace with a straight pipe or a hot dog or something... Any idea on how that would be

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Just wear a clock on a big gold chain around your neck... That'll update your image.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
nissan gq
706 Posts
Mate taking out the muffler will make it loud as all hell,i had a stainless 2 1/2 inch straight through muffler on mine and it sounded mint,BUT Mr plod thought it was too load and slaped me with a yellow sticker,so went and got a hotdog put on aswell,did'nt sound as good but kept them off my back.For the price of a hotdog and getting the muffler taken out why not just replace the standard with a straight through muffler.(just not a stainless one ;)).That,s all i have on mine and it sounds ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts