Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day i've had my gq swb tb42 for about 1 year now and within the past 6 months i havn't been able to get the miss out of it when on LPG. In mornings it dosnt seem too miss at all then when it hits normal running temp it seems to do it alot, more so when in lower gears taking off not in higher rev's as much though.

I've read up on the common problem and got new dizzy, new extended rotor button, new bosch leads for LPG, ngk lpg spark plugs (bp6es i think) and new pertronix electronic ignition. After changing spark plugs it usually runs great for about 2 tanks of lpg then goes back to what its usually like, it's been too 2 mechanics one changed spark plugs and fiddled with vaccum lines and the other played with mixtures and vaccum lines.. same thing happened ran good for abit then went to sh*it

Any ideas would be great since this problem has been annoying me for a long time now,
cheers brent

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
pull out your spark plugs and post pics of all the electrode and insulators of the spark ends

might be able to see what is going on inside the motor

·
Registered
nissan
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pull out your spark plugs and post pics of all the electrode and insulators of the spark ends

might be able to see what is going on inside the motor
Cheers mate ill have them up by tosarve

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
oh and take note of which plug came from where.....................

if its not too late.............

·
Registered
nissan
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only pulled out first plug, pictures arn't very good but the plug pretty much looked fine to me. I'll pull rest out tomorow cheers brent

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
Check the Coil and the resistor block. Check all the wiring from the fuel lock to converter etc..
Which LPG system is it?

·
Registered
nissan
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check the Coil and the resistor block. Check all the wiring from the fuel lock to converter etc..
Which LPG system is it?
The Coil and resistor is not that old i got a Bosch Gt40r coil with electronic ignition, how can i test wiring from fuel lock to convertor? I've checked the earths and they seem fine.

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
Just check the connectors, integrity of the wire and make sure nothing is loose. Otherwise could also be in the ignition beind the barrel... theres so many variables with the dodgy nissan wiring.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
any pics of the other plugs yet? , with a wee bit better focus , even if you take a pic from a bit further away as i can always zoom in

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I had a problem where my vehicle started to miss - lose power. I had a kink in one of the water pipes, and the unit was starting to freeze.

Also check that your installer has installed a heater by pass. As I have been caught in the past where I had to have the heater on for water to flow though the gas convetor.

·
Registered
nissan
39 Posts
Hi Fellas. Just a thought - have you checked the **** drain in the bottom of the regulator? Sometimes you can get a buildup of a greasy substance in there which reduces the performance of the diaphram. Drain when regulator is good and hot. Cheers, Derb.

·
Registered
368 Posts
check the rotor button.even though you've replace it with an extended version, countless times ive seen the rev limiter (the sprung piece on the rotor button) earth out, even new out the box.
Also check the coil lead.Ive had a few bosch leads arc out the side of the coil end.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
15 Posts
Hi mate there is a common prob with the patrols that the wires that go to the coil and dizzy can have a slight crack in them as i have had the same problem, i replaced all the wires and it fixed my shorting and missing problem, the wire get hard with heat and crack, good luck

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,789 Posts
welcome to the tb42 mate, have had the same problems with mine, did all what the above posts said but pay very close attention to your plugs as ITSA above got straight onto. You have the right plug and even from new 1 can be faulty.Recently helped CHKAUSTRALIA on here sort his out,2 sets of plugs, new pertronix,swapped dissy,back to points,tryed my gt40 and bypassing ballast.Was 1 new plug missing. I notice you have a gt40r and by resistor I presume its the ballast. I believe this could cause an issue as a pertronix whether its a lobe sensing or the hall effect must have 12v all the time as a ballast resistor works by giving 12v at start up then drops to about 9 v. It may work ok with ballast and it may not - I have read in older posts it works but for me it didn't ( just like the flamethrower coil ) Also make sure radio suppressor and condensor are disconected as it can interfere with pertronix. The pertronix ignitions are good replacements for points but are a bit touchy and for the price a good upgrade but by no means the ultimate replacement

1 - 14 of 14 Posts