Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys took my new toy has a small or maybe big issue

when you accelerate to fast it pops and farts and want to stall but if you eas the power on slowly its not to bad till high in the revs about 3500 then it pops and farts and carrys on like a bag of sh|t and ends up going slower rather then accelerating. and also when the temps comes up bout half way on the guage when you go to turn it off its preigniting and wont stop (half to stall it to stop it) but when the temps sitting at quarter on the guage it turns off first go oh also dead set mother of a c word to start cold or hot

now im leaning to the carby for it running like crap but the preigniting i got no ideas i check the timing its sitting at roughly 10 degrees advanced and the fuel is clean and the fuel filter is new and all this is slowly getting worse :(

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
sounds like its running lean air leak or carby id say, causes temp to rise and preignition and the popping, check ur carb and manifold and vacuum lines for any air leaks if all good id suspect the carby

·
Registered
nissan
53 Posts
have a look at your ignition leads as well. mine did that. it was jaulting on heavy loads cause the current was escaping the leads...larry

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
friday im going to replace the leads and spark plugs just for peace of mind and through the week when i get a chance ill take the carby off and strip it down for a good cleaning then see where im at once the weekend comes around

thanks for your replys hope she is an easy fix up :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
friday im going to replace the leads and spark plugs just for peace of mind and through the week when i get a chance ill take the carby off and strip it down for a good cleaning then see where im at once the weekend comes around

thanks for your replys hope she is an easy fix up :)
Is it still using points? If so, consider changing to electronic ignition. (search pertronix in this forum). Getting rid of the points was the best thing I ever did to my maverick in the 18 years I have owned it!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
405 Posts
theres 2 fuseable wires comin from battery, 1 is white with red stripe, 1 is red, cut the red 1 then let me know how it goes

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i ripped the carby off today to give it a good cleaning out was full of junk and there is heaps of sh|t missing off it looks like its been molested so i did the best i could with it and cleaned it up put it all back together replaced any cracked or broken vac lines and started her up
still starts like a dead dog but runs alot smoother now dosent really pop or fart what so ever unless she is loaded up 4th gear doing bout 50 and accelerate she will coff and carry on but it hasnt stalled or low ideled to the point of wanting to stall

also once you give it a rev she will idel about 1100 rpm then after a few seconds drop back down to 800 where i currently have it set which im assuming it still has a vac leak some where

but its going ok for now going to have to save up for a new/reco carby and just swap that sh|t straight over then look for any future issues

if any one has a really good stock unmolested carby please let me know

oh yeah nah its got an electronic dizzy in her all ready and cap and rotor button are new

monaro if nothing improves once i got a new carby ill give your suggestion a shot

thanks guys much appreciate all the ideas and help :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts