Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys .
have a gq tb42e auto ti specs and my problem is that it doesnt start first go in the morning. its like the " auto choke' wouldn t kick in..kind of symptom...it needs a couple of revolution of the starter motor then it hesitates for few seconds then ok....
check aac unit and solenoid are fine..
its is driving very well otherwise...
just don t know if anybody had a similar problem....with a similar vehicle...:rolleyes:
anyway i m open to any view on that....
thanks for your time guys...:cheers:
larry

·
Registered
GU8 CRD
1,558 Posts
Maybe low fuel pressure caused by a slow leak or dodgey pump / relief valve? I had issues where some days it would start and others not a hope. Turns out the ECU gets its -ve supply from a couple of wires connected to the plenum chamber. In my case one earth was broken and the other had a bad connection. Fixed this and it now starts like a dream.

It is also possible to get the ECU error codes by either following a sequence in the manual or doing it the easy way with a ECUTalk cable, software and PC.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
it may not be getting full start up fuel, check the codes as above for any faults the ec u has picked up, i would sugest then if no codes, diconnect coolant temp sensor and try it as this will increase the cold start fuel if it starts well then u know ur not getting the right cold start inrichment, then u can look at coolant temp sensor, tps or airflow meter faults, also check engine for vacuum leaks etc

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
if you go to crank the motor without it turning over a few times, then crank it fully.
if it starts first shot then i say fuel pump!

·
Registered
nissan
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. the car is running very good otherwise like good accelerations and no worries at all. timing at 10 btdc ..etc...
i ll try the coolant sensor cause i noticed that when the car is hot, it fires more rapidly like "if everything was ok"...
thanks guys...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Im with you on this one !! i have a post about mine doing a similar thing! let me know if you find the issue :) and if i come across anything il holla at haha

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have the same problem.. any luck fixing the issue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts