Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I going to make a EFI to carb conversion to my TB42E project as is going to be use only for off road, water, mud.

What exaclty do I need - intake manifold is a direct swap to EFI or do I need to adapt ?

thank you

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
carby,manifold,dissy,petronix 2 if you want to use yr existing transformer coil,remove crank angle sensor (do they have them),throttle cable is the same-just slightly longer on efi,fuel pump,carby has mechanical pump. i have a manifold and carby thats done less than 100k,would swap for yr efi manifold.would probably have the carby throttle cable as well and maybe a dissy less cap with a ground collar ready for a petronix 2 non lobe sensing would probably have a mechanical fuel pump if i looked hard enough
block and head are the same,just yr electrics,fuel system and ecu are different,and no maf or O2 sensor needed

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so I need the carby, manifold and manual pump.

But why I can not use the existing distributor? Is not linked with the carby?

Thanks

·
Registered
nissan
377 Posts
the std tb42e dissy is locked and the ecu handles the advance/retard of timing, you need a dissy with mech/vac advance if you go back to carby

·
Registered
nissan/1989 gq
446 Posts
Just sell the efi and buy carby one. You will even make money out of it. efi patrols are more expensive as they are heaps better.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
Are you doing the conversion solely because you want to drive in mud? To me it a backwards step. I'd be spending time on waterproofing all your electrical gear with water dispursant, silicone and liquid electrical tape on the back of the connectors then coat them once plugged in. Also the carby air filter assembly is hard to make waterproof unless you spend big on a metal filter housing.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts