Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas, i have a 1991 gq patrol tb42e on gas and petrol, only purchased it early in the year and have little idea of wat work has been done to it, i beleive it could be about time to replace the spark plugs and leads as it has been running ****tier then usual on gas and has never really liked to start with gas, everyone tells me to buy hotter plugs, i asked the mechanic behind my work shop wat plugs i should run and that they need to be a hot plug and he hadnt had the faintest idea of wat they maybe be off the top of his head and said it will more then likely be a specialty plug in his parts book and would be dear as poison and suggested i ask around about this, could someone please tell me wat the part number for hotter plugs then standard that i could buy from a super cheap if there is such animal, and a suggestion of wat leads i will need to run would be appreciative aswell.

cheers, steve

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU
1,210 Posts
I would like to know this too, spark plugs and leads

·
Registered
Nissan
127 Posts
My computer at work tells me NGK Bpr5e for standard bpr6e for LPG and top gun part number for leads is tg6043 and the heavy duty ones are hd6043.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ
1 Posts
Hi Everyone

I have recently purchased a GQ PATROL TI AUTO 4.2lt Petrol. I have noticed it uses approxiamately 1.5lts per 15kms, the guy i bought it off replaced the head 12 months prior to me buying it, i have replaced the overflow bottle and thermostat but its still using water, i have also been on this site before and read some posts regarding my situation, and i have checked under the oil cap for a milky look in the oil, looks fine. no steam out of the exhuast. I have also had it presure tested at the local mechanics and he couldnt seem to find anything. Could you please help as im finding everyone is saying i dont know maybe a head gasket?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts