Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My TB42e auto 95 troll has recently started to report terrible fuel consumption. When I purchased her 14 months ago she used around 20L/100kms on 31" HT's and stock height. Now She is using over 30L/100kms and I don't get it. She is now on 33" BFG AT's and has a 2" lift. She also has a front lockright locker but aprt from that is still relatively stock. What could be the causes of this extra poor fuel economy?

Should I just go get it tuned?

Cheers Adam

I did search but didn't find what I wanted

·
Registered
Nissan GQ 95
44 Posts
lpg

Have you calculated the difference that your speedo is not out with 33
20l/100 is very good for gas, my 95 auto 5in lift on 31 used to get 24/100 but with 33 it went up to the hi 20s and sometime low 30s just depended how i drove it

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I calculated the difference for the 33"s, it's only a 6% difference in rolling diameter, therefore speed is also 6% faster than what the speedo/gps says.

Could be a leak, I had a rock (large) hit the feeder pipes about 5 months ago... So that could be the difference. But I didn't drive much last month (only filled up once, I was away) and the fuel consumption was about the same (as in 250kms from 80-90 L of gas). Its still bad fuel ecconomy with me driving like a fairy.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I think with gas you have to face the annual cost of a good tune. I have only had gas for a few years and I have had to work hard to keep it right (a converter rebuild, plugs don't seem to last, tappets need adjusting more often etc.) I'm getting 400+ Km from your size tank around town again now. It is injected gas, but I had to remap the gas injectors after the converter rebuild. The gas man didn't have a dyno and left it very rich almost everywhere and economy went down to about 320 Km/tank. The guy who originally converted it tuned it by dyno and it was easily doing 400 a tank then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts