Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Fraser last week truck developed a miss that eventually got worse with time. I have pulled all plugs and cleaned them, no damage and correct colour. No oil or deposits. Measured resistance in all leads and found lead 5 totally shagged, with high resistance in coil lead and leads 4 and 6. All leads replaced, coil even replaced because I had one. Dizzy and rotator looked fine, no carbon tracks or other signs of damage. Not that old anyways.
Now she's running good, no miss what so ever and motor sounds perfect except I can't get the idle speed down past 800rpm. Any ideas on what to do next:doh:...thinking of measuring resistance in tps and idle switch next to see if any of those are shagged. Should I be looking elsewhere.
Good thing is the old girl was crook but she still got us around and home safe and sound. I'm really feelin' for her right now:(.

·
Registered
nissan
16 Posts
My TB42e used to do the same thing. It would sit at around 1800RPM. I used to just call it my race idle. I found a quick limiter bash would bring it back down to normal.

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can only get it down to about 850, should be 650

1 - 3 of 3 Posts