Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i purchased my first car few months ago and it was a 1990 gq tb42s duel fuel. previous owner said he disconnected the petrol because the tank was rusting and has been running on lpg ever since, i’ve got the tank replaced with a new one yet it doesn’t seem like any fuel is getting into the carburetor does anyone have any ideas? also can anyone tell me any issues with running lpg for a while and what it does to the engine, i know it’s a far stretch as most people have diesel engines but any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey guys i purchased my first car few months ago and it was a 1990 gq tb42s duel fuel. previous owner said he disconnected the petrol because the tank was rusting and has been running on lpg ever since, i’ve got the tank replaced with a new one yet it doesn’t seem like any fuel is getting into the carburetor does anyone have any ideas? also can anyone tell me any issues with running lpg for a while and what it does to the engine, i know it’s a far stretch as most people have diesel engines but any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
My old gq had a mechanical fuel pump drivers side of the motor with a fuel line going to the carbine- I would dis connect the fuel line at the carby and see if y9u are getting fuel. Running the gq only on log dries out the carby. LPG tune is different to petrol, I used to run the truck on log, but had to adjust the dizzy for petrol

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,115 Posts
Access a compressor,take the inspection plate out of the rear floor,and remove the fuel hoses and fuel gauge sender.Take the fuel line off the engine mounted fuel pump and blow the line out while someone holds a rag over the rear end to catch whatever comes out and make sure there is plenty of flow.Replace the rubber lines with new,and check the sender unit pickup is clean.Reassemble and test pump output pressure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts