Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We'll the tb45 has done a head and I have a td42 silver top to put in. I need to keep it an auto due to my misses only being able to drive autos.
So after a little research I'm under the influence I will be able to use the tb45 auto box if I can get a td42 flex plate and the bell housing should bolt up except for maybe 1 hole needing to be drilled for the starter? Would this be correct? I have searched but I could not find a definite answer, so if anyone out there has already done this I would love to throw a few questions to you.

Thanks.

·
Registered
Nissan
263 Posts
Hey Mate,

I am doing the exact thing in my GU Ti, converting the TB45 to a TD42.

I used the TB45 auto gearbox, TD42 engine/bellhousing/flex plate/torque converter.

When I had the converter rebuilt, the auto shop actually used some of the bits from my TB45 converter as they are identical internally, only difference is the TD42 has an interia ring around the outside.

Could have used the TB45 bellhousing, just need to drill & tap an additional hole for the starter, but since I had a TD42 auto bellhousing, i got that installed on the TB45 auto box when it was rebuilt.

Have a look at my build thread in the members rides, there are heaps of photos of the conversion.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts