Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Gq patrol
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I changed the rocker cover gasket and oil filter and put fresh oil in my bus.
When I finished I degreesed and washed the engine bay.
When I went for a test drive It first off missed a bit and ran rough which is common when I wash the bay but it usually comes good in a couple minutes but this time once it warmed up it died, had a quick look on the side of the road and realised when I unplugged the AFM it started and idled fine.
I figured the connection got a bit wet.
Anyways I got it home cleaned the connection and let it dry out overnight and went over the whole intake system checked and fixed all leaks and it started and idled fine let it warm up went for a lap around the block it was fine got home it started coughing and stuttering again, unplugged the AFM and it ran fine.
I'm assuming the AFM has had it but was wondering if there's anything I should check or if there's another AFM I can use in place of the OEM part because I can't really justify spending $700-$1100 on a part that could fail again in a year.

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
nissan
383 Posts
if its the AFM as you suspect, get some 'electrical contact cleaner' and spray onto the sensor in the MAF and see how it runs.

I've heard 'Subaru Upper Engine Cleaner', (think this is what its called) available only form Subi dealer is also good for MAF cleaner and you can clean your upper engine too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts