Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu ti
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys just wondering what sort of fuel consumption you are getting from your4.5 mine i think is pretty bad but i have a supercharger on.
out of both tanks about $180 worth of fuel i get about 350-400k's is this half normal.

also how do the 3lt's go on fuel i am thinkin of buyin one for the missus so it's a bit cheaper for her to drive to work because she still wants a patrol.

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
Round town i get about 20l per 100 and on the highway been down to 16l per 100. Supercharger on a 4.5... Mmmmmm do you have any pics or details to share.

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
I get about 350 to 400 ks out of my 70lt sub tank, and about the same out of my 90lt LPG tank.

If your getting 350-400k's out of both tanks in total, thats way over, theres obviously something wrong.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu ti
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would have thought the supercharger shouldn't change it at all if anything should make fuel consumption better if drive normally.

doesn't the charger just boost inlet pressure it shouldn't have anything to do with fuel rates directly, i thought that would be left up to the cpu.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
620 Posts
i would have thought the supercharger shouldn't change it at all if anything should make fuel consumption better if drive normally.

doesn't the charger just boost inlet pressure it shouldn't have anything to do with fuel rates directly, i thought that would be left up to the cpu.
That is kind of correct, superchargers use crank energy to make extra power and there for not realy all that effiecent compare to turbo's. Turbo uses exaust gases to turn turbine which compresses air and sends it into intake and then engine combustion occurs and this whole process reoccurs.
This is just a quick explanation of what happens and what is better for fuel consumption.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
63 Posts
i get roughly 380 - 400lm to a main tank and thats running 35's and a 4 inch. plus the patrol is over 3t in weight.

·
Registered
A45 AMG, Ranger :(
1,163 Posts
My old patrol with the 35"s and 4.6 diff's i got 380-400kms on the main tank, total of around 600k range.

·
Registered
nissan
357 Posts
What supercharger are you using?, positive displacement or centrifugal, what management, if it is some piggybacked ecu on your standard nissan ecu it wont be flash. You cant expect good economy from an engine you are trying to extract more horsepower from, especially a TB.

·
Registered
A45 AMG, Ranger :(
1,163 Posts
There is no reason it would use more fuel when cruising though, when using the power obviously.

Piggybacked ECU's can work well if setup properly.

Id be checking and cleaning AFM, checking and replacing 02 sensor, new air filter, plugs n leads possibly to.

TB45 stand for Thirsty bastrd 4.5?

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
I feel a little better now, mines a auto with 305 70`s muds on it and will get well less than 300 around town for 90L of gas and about the same from 85 L of fuel.Plan to shorten the gearing to hopefully improve it as it was way better before the tyres.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I feel a little better now, mines a auto with 305 70`s muds on it and will get well less than 300 around town for 90L of gas and about the same from 85 L of fuel.Plan to shorten the gearing to hopefully improve it as it was way better before the tyres.
Yours needs a tune too. When I swap my standard tyres for 33x12.5/15, I only drop a few extra % beyond the 6% due to different odometer reading caused by the larger tyres. On street tyres I'm getting 400 Km+ around town on a tank of gas. It is a manual though.

·
Registered
nissan
111 Posts
This might help...

here are some current figures taken over the last couple of days... Trip was Mackay to Monto... Monto To Nanago.

Travelled 1081 klms and used:183L of LPG and 79L of uleaded... Works out at about 25L per 100. Do keep in mind my truck is a little bigger then the average patrol... and has a touch more wind resistence... look at the pic below.

shane

·
Registered
nissan patrol
80 Posts
mines a auto 33''s with all the heavy **** on board and i get 350klms very time to 90litres of gas and around the 400 klms out of 80 litres of petrol and my speedo reads smack on ...
i dont use the overdrive for where i live as it is hilly...
cheers ash

·
Registered
nissan patrol
63 Posts
roughly 80-100kms on the sub tank mate.

but just coming back from my fraser trip, i filled up at hervey bay and put 73l in the main tank but the guage only stayed just over 3/4 full.
anyone else had this happen?

·
Registered
nissan
111 Posts
roughly 80-100kms on the sub tank mate.

but just coming back from my fraser trip, i filled up at hervey bay and put 73l in the main tank but the guage only stayed just over 3/4 full.
anyone else had this happen?

Yes a few times... once you drive for a bit it normally settles... also turn off and wait a bit then re start... seemed to fix it a few times as well.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
63 Posts
Cheers mate, ill try that next time.
so i just checked the odo readying, 432kms on the main, pretty much hervey bay to rocky plus some around town driving, needle is on E but the light hasnt come on yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts