Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Does anybody have official fuel consumption figures of the 4sp TB45 Ti Patrol? I can't find it anywhere.

Reason I ask is because I just did a major service on my car, all diff fluids, trans fluid, transfer case, fuel filter, etc... But I also replaced the O2 sensor on the exhaust manifold, and after doing a full tank of fuel, I plugged the fuel used and my KMs in a fuel consumption calculator online and it came back at 16.1L/100kms. I couldn't believe it. For the past year and a half it's always been at 20l/100. I should have done the O2 sensor earlier.

Btw, it's petrol only, no gas and it's got 310,000kms on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put the numbers in on a few different websites and they where all the same. It wasn't an app, just through my internet browser.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,332 Posts
OK have you always used that same website? just trying to make sure we are talking the same database, lots can change.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,620 Posts
It's really not that hard to calculate. Post your numbers (distance driven and fuel used) and I will calculate it for you.

·
Registered
2003 GUIII - TD27T
93 Posts
Kilometres travelled divided by fuel used in litres = km/litre

Now take that km/litre number and divide it into 100, so 100 divided by your km/litre = Litres per 100km.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,620 Posts
Kilometres travelled divided by fuel used in litres = km/litre

Now take that km/litre number and divide it into 100, so 100 divided by your km/litre = Litres per 100km.
Correct, but I suspect if our OP needs to find a calculator online, this might be too difficult to master, which is why I offered to do it for them. ;)

·
Registered
2001 GU ST TD42t coil cab (gold)
4,099 Posts
What sort of fuel cycle are we talking about, one tank full does not make for any sort of consistent data. Especially when comparing to last year and a half.
02 sensor can of course make a difference but 16l would be under perfect circumstances for a healthy TB45.

·
Registered
560 Posts
As a comparison for you, I've only recently (last few months) picked up a 4.5 Patrol (my 3rd GU) and mines, manual, dual fuel (old style), 2" lift, 33's, roof rack, bullbar/sidebars/winch/etc and today I went from Geelong, to Ballarat, to Melbourne and back to Geelong and kept to the speed limit (4th gear/110km up hill with most of the throttle at times....) and did 286km and used 50.48ltrs of petrol which worked out to (the following ltrs/100km figures were from the fuel economy calculator website) 17.65ltrs/100km. Which for the amount of throttle used for quite a lot of the time, I was pretty happy with (a/c on all the time too). Not that it's relevant to your petrol figure, but my last LPG fill up was 252km for 56.2ltrs, which worked out to be 22.31ltrs/100km. Best I got out of my old TB48 was 15.95ltrs/100, so i'd be personally pretty darn happy with 16.1ltrs/100km mate

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
With 33's are those 286km the correct adjusted km's or off a speedo that hasn't been corrected.

What's with these fuel calculator websites or apps, don't people these days know how to work out fuel consumption with a simple calulator.

·
Registered
560 Posts
With 33's are those 286km the correct adjusted km's or off a speedo that hasn't been corrected.

What's with these fuel calculator websites or apps, don't people these days know how to work out fuel consumption with a simple calulator.
Nah, i'm too simple to use a simple calculator. Much easier to use the website, and the fact that it's offended you enough to warrant that reply fills me with joy. It's a quick fuel economy reading, it ain't life and death mate. I don't remotely care if it isn't 100% accurate, and I can guarantee you I care even less if it's not up to your standards. How bout just being happy for the OP who's got a obvious improvement instead of just picking **** out of it? I haven't been on this forum much in recent time due to not owning a Patrol for a few years, but if this is the level it's dropped to, that's a shame.

Correct, but I suspect if our OP needs to find a calculator online, this might be too difficult to master, which is why I offered to do it for them. ;)
And as for AndrieK's reply, I guess that just reinforces my last sentence above. Way to encourage new people to post things with a bullsh1t reply like that mate, well done hero ;)

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Nah, i'm too simple to use a simple calculator. Much easier to use the website, and the fact that it's offended you enough to warrant that reply fills me with joy. It's a quick fuel economy reading, it ain't life and death mate. I don't remotely care if it isn't 100% accurate, and I can guarantee you I care even less if it's not up to your standards. How bout just being happy for the OP who's got a obvious improvement instead of just picking **** out of it? I haven't been on this forum much in recent time due to not owning a Patrol for a few years, but if this is the level it's dropped to, that's a shame.

And as for AndrieK's reply, I guess that just reinforces my last sentence above. Way to encourage new people to post things with a bullsh1t reply like that mate, well done hero ;)
Wow sensitive much. Did you not get your "everyone’s a winner for participating" award this week.
My point about the speedo is there is not much point comparing figures to ratify what the OP is trying to work out if those figures are not actually based on true data. If you haven’t adjusted your speedo for the 33” tyres then your input to this topic is about as useful as you feel about Andriek and my comments. I am trying to support proper comparable data for the OP as it is highly unlikely he will find official figures for the TB because it was not a reportable thing back then. I have googled everywhere I could think of to help him but nothing really comes up so the best he can get is comparable data, which is only useful if the source data is proven to be accurate and comparable.
I’m sorry I didn’t spoon feed you with your participation award this week but the fact as you point out that you don't care for your accuracy means it is next to useless information.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,620 Posts
Get off your high horse. I was dead serious. I was trying to help the bloke out with teaching him how to get accurate figures. I can't help him if he doesn't give me the data. If you want to blindly follow an online calculator without knowing how it works or if it is remotely accurate, knock yourself out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys,

Does anybody have official fuel consumption figures of the 4sp TB45 Ti Patrol? I can't find it anywhere.

Reason I ask is because I just did a major service on my car, all diff fluids, trans fluid, transfer case, fuel filter, etc... But I also replaced the O2 sensor on the exhaust manifold, and after doing a full tank of fuel, I plugged the fuel used and my KMs in a fuel consumption calculator online and it came back at 16.1L/100kms. I couldn't believe it. For the past year and a half it's always been at 20l/100. I should have done the O2 sensor earlier.

Btw, it's petrol only, no gas and it's got 310,000kms on it.
Personally I have the manual but one of my mates owns an auto that gets around 19L/100KMs, but keep in mind that's from somebody that drives it with a light foot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts