Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

So its come to the stage im almost ready to fire the old girl up for the first time , all thats left to be done is connect up the fuel tanks and add powersteering lines .

The fuel tanks i can solve with a simple schematic of the lines but i cant seem to find any online for the TB45. and as my TB wasa n LPG i have had to remove the gas tank and replace it with a ZD 30 main tank im a little clueless as to what line goes where.

The power steering lines im in 2 minds do i modify my old ones to fit or do i buy a kit to fit straight in , ive had a look online and i can only seem to find the one hose and not 100 % how much preesure would be coming out the return to know if i could get away with a simple hydraulic hose and clamps.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Barry

·
Registered
nissan
5,634 Posts
Your main supply line should be the easiest to find. It goes to the EFI filter under the right side of the chassis. You have to insert some rubber fuel hose in place of the filter.. or a lift pump as I did.
The return from the TB45 fuel pressure should also be easy to find. You use that for the IP return.
One of the lines will be for the fuel vapours and goes to the charcoal canister in front of the TB45 airbox. That should also be easy to trace unless someone has ripped it all out already.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your main supply line should be the easiest to find. It goes to the EFI filter under the right side of the chassis. You have to insert some rubber fuel hose in place of the filter.. or a lift pump as I did.
The return from the TB45 fuel pressure should also be easy to find. You use that for the IP return.
One of the lines will be for the fuel vapours and goes to the charcoal canister in front of the TB45 airbox. That should also be easy to trace unless someone has ripped it all out already.
Good morning mate

I managed to find an image of pipping (see photo attached) I looked for near on 3 weeks to find it but the day I go back to work bang I find it .... aww well it needs to wait 3 weeks till I'm back in Perth again

I haven't ripped it out yet probably would a good place to start I suppose and the return line I have traced back where the sub tank was but then it all gets funky because I've had the gas in there ... people have joined pipes together and capped off others , between your sound advice and those images I should be able to nut it out.

Thanks again mate 👍

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
5,634 Posts
The parts catalogues often have more complete images than the service manuals.
You can see in your image that there are only 3 main lines along the chassis and 1 of them is for the charcoal canister. You can also see the line separated for the fuel filter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The parts catalogues often have more complete images than the service manuals.
You can see in your image that there are only 3 main lines along the chassis and 1 of them is for the charcoal canister. You can also see the line separated for the fuel filter.
Absolutely mate.

what do you recon with the powersteering ? i know you keep your on the deafult side

Barry

·
Registered
nissan
5,634 Posts
Absolutely mate.

what do you recon with the powersteering ? i know you keep your on the deafult side

Barry
You need the correct high pressure hose from steering pump to steering box. You can’t make your own with hose clamps. The pump puts out way too much pressure.
You can buy one for a TD42Ti that should fit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You need the correct high pressure hose from steering pump to steering box. You can’t make your own with hose clamps. The pump puts out way too much pressure.
You can buy one for a TD42Ti that should fit.
I've been looking mate but can only find 1 hose that you can buy that has 2 banjo bolts on it , might need to buy 1 and then have 1 made by a mobile aircon guy or something .

Barry

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kind of , they were damaged and in need of replacing , they are good down the side of engine it's just to connect them up to the coolers at front . I've also doubled up the coolers to help with efficiency cooling.

·
Registered
nissan
5,634 Posts
You don't need high pressure hose for trans cooler lines so you can cut off the damaged part and just use rubber hose.

It also just occurred to me that a member on here, @cremulator, recently did a hydroboost brake conversion on his TD42Ti so he would have an original power steering hose that was swapped out for a different hose.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts