Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
TD42 converted GU
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've almost finished the turbo conversion on my Tb45 gu and its looking like I'll have to get it engineered to pass a blue slip inspection, has anyone had any experience engineering a turbo vehicle? Would like to know what they might be looking for or if there are any standards the conversion must comply to.
Also if anyone could recommend an engineer in the Newcastle/Hunter region.

Cheers,

Lewis

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
Its usually the emissions testing that most fail. If you can get your tuner to run a really lean mix, maybe retard the timing a bit you might pass. My mate had his 400awkw evo pass emmisions after a quick re tune.

Edit: If your on LPG you will pass emissions no problems.

·
Registered
TD42 converted GU
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully emissions will be alright, pick up the troll from the exhaust place tomorrow, had them put the standard cat back in and haven't done any other fuel system mods other than a walbro 255 fuel pump and a rising rate fuel reg as I only want to run low boost for now. If anything I would have thought emissions would be lower now than what it was standard.
During the turbo conversion I also converted it back from lpg to straight petrol. That was another reason I have to get a blue slip, the rta want a blue slip inspection done to verify the car is no longer an lpg vehicle.

·
Registered
TD42 converted GU
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow no idea they were so stringent on emissions, cheers for the heads up, I'll definitely look into it and see what I can do to give me the best chance of passing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts