Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, The TB48 Patrol comes with 17" wheels. Tryin to understand if 16" rims will fit ? yota or Nissan ? As have more choice in 16" compared with 17"

My troll is a 2010 TB48

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,226 Posts
I believe you can as the brakes are the same as the TB45 which came standard with 16" wheels, you just can't put 15" wheels on. Have you search as in sure it has been asked before.

·
Registered
nissan
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a search and the answer was yes, HOWEVER was talking with a bloke who tried 16" rims on ebay and they were hitting the calipers on black sunny's. ?? After some 1st hand knowledge as we all seem to know someone etc :)

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,226 Posts
Maybe you could borrow one for a test fit

·
Registered
nissan
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought of that :( none of my direct mates have anything I can test with. Unless a Patrol 4x4 members wants to help ? Located Mortdale Sydney :)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
Im in Albion PArk NSW if your ever down this way.

·
Registered
nissan
357 Posts
I can fit sunrasias on my TB45 GU 15x7 with 34pedes, so if the TB48 uses same brakes, 15's should also be ok. Is this not correct??

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
yes 16's will fit mate. . . . best clearance for you will be on steel rims in a 16x8 -13mm offset . . . alloys although the same "rim size" are a lot thicker on the inside of the wheel for strength so they tend to grind on the caliper.
thus an alloy 15x10 wont fit on a lot of GU's but you can often get away with 15x10 steelies even on the same offset.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
325 Posts
hi, 15X8's won't fit on a 4.8 because they run bigger front discs on the front and larger/ different calipers on the rear, I've tried a mates set, but 15X10's will because of the offset in the lip of the rim, so most people like myself run the 16X8's with a -13mm offset or even the steel patrol 16X8 rims which are 0 offset I think, hope this answers some questions

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
I ALSO HAVE A 2010 4.8, IVE DITCHED THE 17" ALLOYS AND RUNS 2 SETS OF 16" STEEL RIMS.

ON ROAD: PROCOMP ROCK CRAWLERS 16x8 WITH -6mm OFF SET.
OFFROAD: KING SUNNIES 16x8 WITH -13mm OFF SET.

HAVE NO DRAMAS AT ALL.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
325 Posts
so 15x8's dont fit but 15x10's do?:rolleyes:
yeh its to do with the step in the rim, with a 10'' rim the step misses the caliper being out further where a 8'' rim will touch in a 15, probably doesn't make sense but it works that way

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
yeh its to do with the step in the rim, with a 10'' rim the step misses the caliper being out further where a 8'' rim will touch in a 15, probably doesn't make sense but it works that way
sorry. . . i must be a moron or something, because i dont get what youre saying:confused:. . . or you are talking of a rim design im not familiar with. . . .

This is the back of the caliper(fitted wheels are 15x8 -13 landcruiser rims). . . my finger is on one of the ridges on the rear of the caliper. . . this is the bit that has to be grinded if you are fitting 15x10's to a td42. a 15x8 does not have this issue because the dish is not deep enough, and clears the caliper on the smaller section.
DSC00456.jpg

a 15x10 is an extra inch wider on both the inside and ouside, the inside is where we run into issues because, as said it makes contact with the caliper ridges.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts