Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TB48 Genie Exhaust Group Buy - 33% Discount

We are offering a 33% discount as a group buy to Patrol4x4.

OFFER LIMITED TO THE FIRST 5 BUYERS!

That’s only $999 now instead of the full price $1499 when production is completed late Feb.

Our new TB48 system includes Genie extractors and full 2 ½” 409 stainless system with hi-flow cat and straight thru megaflow muffler. The system is in production due for delivery late February. No photos available until then. You can see the dyno of the prototype below.

These extractors will only fit the vehicles that have 2 oxy sensors (1998-2004) - they will not fit the 4 oxy sensor models.

If you wish to take advantage of this limited group buy you should PM me or phone 07 3205 1314. Please include your postcode so we can calculate shipping. Pick up will also be available from our factory in Narangba, Brisbane. Get in quick. No rainchecks.

Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the dyno of the TB48. The green run is the stock exhaust but the vehicle had a gutted cat (catalytic converter - the dog got the other kind) so it was already more freely flowing than a true stock system.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,817 Posts
Why are the ramp rates different and the afr looks terrible for the exhaust modded one. Lol. Will take a bit of time to relearn i guess

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys. Thanks for pointing out the differences in ramp rates. I have been trying to get a clear understanding of what the ramp rate actually means and if this difference in rates is meaningful (I'm a marketing guy not a tech guy) - and it's not been easy.

We don't do our own dynos - we send the vehicle out to get them done. The dyno place we used doesn't know why the ramp rates were different except to say they were done 10 days apart and that dyno is now 6 months old - so they can't remember. Not much help really. So I have taken the dyno report to different dyno place and they tell me it is not an accurate comparison. So I have posted this reply as soon as I have discovered this and I apologise for the delay.

We will re-do the dyno - at a different dyno place this time - as soon as we can line up another TB48 - any volunteers? Get a FREE dyno before & after in north Brisbane and a great price on the full system. PM or email me if you're interested.

We don't fudge our dynos and we don't deliberately mis-represent our product. However, a dyno doesn't tell the whole picture. We do know that the vehicle drives much better, changes gear earlier, stuff that a dyno can't show. I am going to try and get the owner of the vehicle we did this R&D on to post his review here. So more to come.

Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
Nissan
6,817 Posts
Hey guys. Thanks for pointing out the differences in ramp rates. I have been trying to get a clear understanding of what the ramp rate actually means and if this difference in rates is meaningful (I'm a marketing guy not a tech guy) - and it's not been easy.

We don't do our own dynos - we send the vehicle out to get them done. The dyno place we used doesn't know why the ramp rates were different except to say they were done 10 days apart and that dyno is now 6 months old - so they can't remember. Not much help really. So I have taken the dyno report to different dyno place and they tell me it is not an accurate comparison. So I have posted this reply as soon as I have discovered this and I apologise for the delay.

We will re-do the dyno - at a different dyno place this time - as soon as we can line up another TB48 - any volunteers? Get a FREE dyno before & after in north Brisbane and a great price on the full system. PM or email me if you're interested.

We don't fudge our dynos and we don't deliberately mis-represent our product. However, a dyno doesn't tell the whole picture. We do know that the vehicle drives much better, changes gear earlier, stuff that a dyno can't show. I am going to try and get the owner of the vehicle we did this R&D on to post his review here. So more to come.

Cheers
Richard

Hey Richard thanks for getting back to us!! :) will be in contact in future for an exhaust :)

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU
1,210 Posts
Do you do half system for 4.8?? I got 2010 model with 4 o2 sensors, I just want cat back for now for extra noise.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Matto

Sorry mate we don't do a cat-back option (or a full system) for the 4 sensor engine. Don't think anyone does. I suggest getting a muffler shop to do a custom job.

Good luck
Richard

·
Registered
405 Posts
no offense to genie, this is not a dig at you!!!! if you have gas DONT do the exhaust upgrade on the 4.8. Ihave recently done extrasctors and exhaust, and as soon as you take the foot of the accelerator you get nothing but popping from the exhaust! i dont mean under load, even just cruising.if you have the foot JUST resting on the acc, its fine. but fully off....... pop, pop, pop! my mech couldnt work it out, he gave me the number of the guy who used to own LPG1. I explained what was happening, he straight away said, "you increased the size of the exhaust didnt you!" i said yeah, he said there is no fix for it! 4.8 on gas with bigger exhaust....pops! it is sucking the gas down the exhaust and it ignites in the exhaust! the other problem im having is, at speed, 60km/h+ if you suddenly put in the clutch, the revs die off and it stalls!!!!!! Im thinking about taking out a section and reducint the size to create back pressure!

and my results???? dynoed before any mods 100kw atw. then extractors, exhaust, 4" stainless FORWARD FACING snorkel, and unichip. 139.9kw.
I had the snorkel facing rear (rolling over the roof-millweld) and it was causing problems with air/fuel ratio. cut, turn and re-weld, fixed!

hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
It all depends on how your gas is tuned and what kind of system you have. Also that thing that happens at 60km/hr should be tuned out.

·
N/A
nissan patrol
1,140 Posts
my 4.8 popped on gas with the std exhaust.
putting this system on the car made it more noticeable. the popping is actually unburnt gas, eg it needs a tune and is running rich.
ripping the gas out is the best mod i have done so far.
also, Barney and richard at genie are great blokes to deal with. really helped me out throughout the buying and installing of the exhaust.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,861 Posts
Hi Matto

Sorry mate we don't do a cat-back option (or a full system) for the 4 sensor engine. Don't think anyone does. I suggest getting a muffler shop to do a custom job.

Good luck
Richard
Hello Genie, if your still frequent this forum,

Will you be making up a set of extractors to suit the 4 sensor TB48 motor that will suit your full system in the future ?.

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Boggo

Thanks for your enquiry mate.

A full system with headers is a possibility when we get the opportunity to do the R&D. But atm we are snowed under with both production & other R&D.

We will certainly let the forum know when we do develop the system.

Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,861 Posts
Hi Boggo

Thanks for your enquiry mate.

A full system with headers is a possibility when we get the opportunity to do the R&D. But atm we are snowed under with both production & other R&D.

We will certainly let the forum know when we do develop the system.

Cheers
Richard
Boggo, I like it. Thanks for the reply, need to act fast as I have found out Pacemaker, Beaudeserts and Taipan are selling them and taking your business. Would you ceramic coat them as your standard finish ?.

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the info Boggo. Regarding ceramic coating - this is standard on our Legendex range and an optional extra on our Genie range.

Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,861 Posts
Thanks for the info Boggo. Regarding ceramic coating - this is standard on our Legendex range and an optional extra on our Genie range.

Cheers
Richard
Have also learnt people just weld a couple of nuts with the same thread as the lower two sensors and it work but sounds a little half assed to me.

Boggo boggo signing out off to the bunga bunga party !!!!!.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts