Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I have a 2002 TB48. I rebuild the head last year. I didnt know you could put harder valves in (yes I asked, the head guy said nothing you can do) I am concerned I will burn them out again.

I have spent alot on getting th LPG running correct (injected Landi) , new mixer, rejectors, filters, dyno tune. she runs great, but concerned.

Will is last? or in 5 years, will I be replacing the head again?

·
Registered
Nissan
72 Posts
It's not the valves, it's the valve seats that get pounded and trashed. They're already hardened, so no, replacing them would not be worthwhile. It doesn't matter how well it's tuned with LPG, as it's a dry fuel anyway. Expect the same life again.

If you genuinely burned out the valves (exhaust that is), it may be because your valve clearance was too tight, which would have happened with petrol anyway.

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,768 Posts
It's not the valves, it's the valve seats that get pounded and trashed. They're already hardened, so no, replacing them would not be worthwhile. It doesn't matter how well it's tuned with LPG, as it's a dry fuel anyway. Expect the same life again.

If you genuinely burned out the valves (exhaust that is), it may be because your valve clearance was too tight, which would have happened with petrol anyway.
Exactly lpg should have a slight tic to the valves and correct timing to prevent valve seat recession.also an a/f of 16

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts