Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so finally done the valves in the ol girl after saying i would for the last 3months, and so glad i did as exhaust was all but closed up with largest gap being .11 intake was near perfect. Now gettin back to what i am concerned about is before and now after doing the valves (which i thought would fix the issue) the engine when accelerating seems to sometimes hesitate then all of a sudden takes off, mostly does this through gentle acceleration or up to around 3k rpm after which it seems to be fine. Now i have had it on the datascan tool of which i am hopeing to put up 2 different data sheets (could do but only in zip form), one is directly after putting car all back together then the other is after driving it for around 20km, both recorded in driveway idling with occasional rev. Now what has me beat as well is that in the first data lot the a/f on the readouts variates a fair bit n then on the second remains at .29v ??? Hopeing someone can giv me a little insight as to what I can see going on TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yer gave it all a really good clean while i had it apart, is alot more responsive now compared to before however the pickup is def not smooth as it once was :/

·
Registered
nissan
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE - finally got me o2 sensors to read and fluctuate with the revs :) damn gas system must be shot and wasn't letting a reading go through it, wires cut and joined as they originally were now all to do is take it for a drive and see how it runs :/ fingers crossed!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
UPDATE - finally got me o2 sensors to read and fluctuate with the revs :) damn gas system must be shot and wasn't letting a reading go through it, wires cut and joined as they originally were now all to do is take it for a drive and see how it runs :/ fingers crossed!!
I know this is old but did u sort it? My patrol the same

1 - 5 of 5 Posts