Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Screenshot_20201120-212745_Messenger.jpg
Hi brains trust, I am hoping to pick up an re5 auto box, but big drive guy says its a 4.8, just wanted to see if someone can say yay or nay just by looking at the shifter
Many thanks jono

Registered

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah wasn't pretty, **** everywhere, With the big shunt on the front left the auto didn't want to play ball and drop down as engine was already just about hitting firewall. A good 6hrs and cutting the tunnel and i got about everything off that I need for this conversion bar the cash
20201123_214307.jpg

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
going down the re5 route as well eh? Mines still sitting in the shed waiting for me to fork out for some wholesales gear.
Yeah just waiting, still abit steep for me, if I could pull my finger out and find a decent roller, but covid stuffed any plan on getting anything that seemed like a bargain,
benos have U spoken to them on price I think they said around 6k, but the salesman couldn't give any specs on stall said if I wanted lower stall that is a request upon order and seemed to be an extra, but 1st I would rather go integrated Mani/w2a

Registered
nissan
i spoke to them ages ago and yes was about 6k back then as well. no idea on stall speed. wasnt an issue till shayno found his to be to high. i also have to rebuild my gearbox as its of unknown condition.
but yeah i just cant quite swallow the price just yet. i will do it. but dont know when. hardly worth spending money on the truck anyway. everytime i plan on going somewhere. some far king cuck shuts a border down or something silly haha.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
Would U rebuild it, or send it off, I was able to get detailed schematics and manual, but had it on my old phone that I just lost haha, must mean it's not time yet

Registered
nissan
honestly id rebuild it. i believe you can get a few of the drums heat treated to beef em up a bit to handle the extra torque of a tickled td42. not 100% on what though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts