Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you building Exhausts I need a quote on the following.
Standard size.

1x Extractors with gasket
1x down pipe with thermal exspansion joint.
1x high flow CAT and gasketd
1x muffler center box and gasket

Rear section of exhaust after center muffler is not required.

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Hi dbsep

Thank you for your inquiry to best help you today, please take note of our website and all listed product there. genieperformance.com.au |.

i also have a few questions,

a) which year model?
b) is this the twin cat or single cat?
c) Auto or manual?
d) is the vehicle located in the Philippines?
e) wagon ute?

Thank you

Rergards Richard

GENIE PERFORMANCE

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Richard, Thanks for reply I had looked for site. I send a email as I need a center box with out the CAT. I know Nissan do one for GU8 as its on FAST as option of "no cat". All they have done is extended the inlet pipe to the muffler from the down pipe.

a) which year model? 2012 same as 06
b) is this the twin cat or single cat? Sibgle CAT before center muffler just after down pipe.
c) Auto or manual? Auto
d) is the vehicle located in the Philippines? Yes so best to include air frieght on the quote. Manila
e) wagon ute? Wagon LWB.

Standard size only but I use the rear pipe. Must include gasket set complete for manifold and all flanges and on the down pipe. I would also like a thermal expansion joint please. Im looking at a few exhausts at the moment to put one in as stock.

·
Registered
nissan mq patrol
76 Posts
wouldn't your 2012 have the pair of Cats that are mounted just after the exhaust manifold? My 08 does with o2 senors before and after the cats :(
Keen to know of a solution for this

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ours are middle east Spec we don't have that type. Just one cat after the down pipe but Nissan Japan sent me that picture of no CAT version and it was confirmed by Nissan. However Nissan are now closed while Nissan Japan take over operations during March. This means all new sales and parts are closed for 4 weeks.

We can run our Type B engines with no CATS. we also need to run on 97+ octane.

Manifold looks just like the TB45 shape (no cats) but oxy sensors x2 - Down pipe just like the TB45 shape- optional CAT - Muffler center - rear pipe.

Your question above: I'm not sure as I haven't worked on that version only the Middle East type and we have allot of differences in body, trim, rear struts and engine ECU. Your model is the same as South Africa and none of the engine part numbers can be used here. Only Middle East seems to make sense to us. Were also OBDII

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Hi dbsep

I'm sorry, currently we don't do a bolt-on system for your vehicle model and I don't know anyone who does. Our systems are all manufactured as complete DIY bolt-on systems so they are covered by our 5-star guarantee. All I can suggest is that you get your local exhaust shop to fabricate the no-cat section you are looking for. Good luck mate.

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Hi BW.

We don't do a system for petrol Patrols currently - sorry mate but it's only diesel Patrols atm. But we are continually adding to our range and if we believe there is enough demand we will develop systems for those vehicles.

So thanks for asking and maybe others here will indicate they are looking for a petrol system also.

cheers,
Richard

·
Registered
nissan
32 Posts
Im also looking into what exhaust size and cost / info

Patrol n/a 4.8 auto on gas , family of 5 towing camper trailer .... not a daily driver ....

extractors or not ?

3 / 2.75 / 2.5 inch ?

any suggestions would be appreciated

regards
Marv

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Hi Marv,

Sorry about the delay in my reply. It's been hectic here. We are keen to R&D a TB48. We would recommend a 2 1/2" stainless high-flow exhaust system with performance extractors. I have sent you a PM to see if you are interested.

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Members Only Sale - DATES & PRICES UPDATED

Hi everyone,

I have just updated the sale end dates. I wasn't thinking and had the sale ending on a Sunday. I've changed that to the following Tuesday so you can actually phone us (we don't work weekends).

I have also listed the sale price of each relevant product including the options.

You can view the dates and prices here: http://genieperformance.com.au/specials/forum_patrol4x4_members/

Cheers,
Richard

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Great discount for donor vehicle

Hi everyone,

There has been lots of interest in a Genie stainless exhaust system for the TB48. We are keen to add this to our product line.

We need a donor vehicle for about 3-5 working days to do the R&D and dynos etc.

We will do a great deal/discount for the owner of the donor vehicle.

We are in north Brisbane so if that is near your location you may be interested. We will develop, dyno and build the new system from the prototype and you get the first one.

We recommend the TB48 use a 2 1/2" exhaust system with Genie performance extractors. The extractors are already developed both for auto and for manual (on 2 x oxy sensor models only). Both types of extractors have a 1 3/4" primary into a 2" secondary into 2 1/2".

Email me on [email protected] if you are interested in providing the donor vehicle.

Information you need to include in your email:
Your name and phone number.
Your vehicle details:
Year of manufacture
Auto or manual
How many 02 sensors
Aftermarket mods on your vehicle

Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
405 Posts
hi there, just a question for you. Are the extractor really needed? from all Ive read, the flow is awesome on the stock system (not inc the pipe section of course). I may be completely wrong, but wont just a cat back system be just as good? as extractors are fairly expensive, what sort of gains do you get from changing them? are they just for people wanting every fraction of a kilowatt they can get out of their engine?
thanks,
Shannon

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Best bang for buck

hi there, just a question for you. Are the extractor really needed? from all Ive read, the flow is awesome on the stock system (not inc the pipe section of course). I may be completely wrong, but wont just a cat back system be just as good? as extractors are fairly expensive, what sort of gains do you get from changing them? are they just for people wanting every fraction of a kilowatt they can get out of their engine?
thanks,
Shannon
Hi Shannon,

That's a really good question. That's what we want to know too. Which is why we are looking for a test vehicle (2 x oxy sensor model). We will build the 2 1/2" exhaust system and test all the possible configurations with the various headers.

Just to clarify things: The 4 x oxy sensor headers have not yet been developed. R&D for these will be more challenging (read: take longer). But in the meantime we can build & test a cat-back system for the stock headers if we can get a donor vehicle.

Cheers,
Richard

1 - 20 of 25 Posts