Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gu td42t
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see there's a 12mm race pump on ebay, $3500 never been on vehicle, built by JPC in Melbourne.
If you were looking to buy this pump what questions would you be asking?
Would JPC be able to look up what they have done to it or what it's set at?

Cheers.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
JPC buy pumps off ag diesel. J dickenson builds the pumps for ag. I'm not putting his contact details up, but he is the hands that actually make.

There are set ups of his running over 240rwkw dailys. The pumps work.

·
Registered
nissan gu td42t
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought it would be better to get my own pump built. At least then I would know what I have.
If it's cheaper to have one built, that's even better.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Are people paying so much for the pumps because of extra work that goes into the rebuild or just the fact that it puts out so much power. Seems a bit of a rip off to me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
nissan gu td42t
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did anyone on here buy it?
Not that I know of. Not worth it anyway according to the above.
I see 12mm pumps for sale like this from time to time. Sometimes for 2k but they never have any details about who it was built by or what has been done to it.
If I brought one for 2k then sold my 11mm pump I think it would be worth it but would want to know who built it.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
151 Posts
I have a J Dickenson pump on mine. great guy to deal with and rebuilt my pump and injectors far cheaper than anyone else I got quoted from

·
Registered
nissan
2,929 Posts
What off boost fuel is?
What max fuel is and at what rpm?
What boost it requires to get max fuel?
Max rpm? Etc etc.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,647 Posts
Wtf is a "race" pump???

Is that a $2500 pump with the word "race" whacked on it to make it a $3500 pump???

I'm a fan of talking chit up but geez!!!!

Btw I'm selling a front driver's race-door off a GQ for $1250. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,861 Posts
Wtf is a "race" pump???

Is that a $2500 pump with the word "race" whacked on it to make it a $3500 pump???

Btw I'm selling a front driver's race-door off a GQ for $1250. PM me if interested.
Im a fan of women wearing RACY underwear does that count ?.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,647 Posts
Yep that counts if it's a girlie worth the k !

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
3,946 Posts
Race pump is a quick and easy out for the pump builder to ignore the fact that its going to have horrible economy, tons of smoke and probably kill your relatively standard engine in no time.

Never hear of Swaffy's pumps refered to as race pumps because people still get good economy with them, very decent off boost fuel control and adjustability.

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
Wtf is a "race" pump???

I got one with event stickers, is that worth more?

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
Not that I know of. Not worth it anyway according to the above.
I see 12mm pumps for sale like this from time to time. Sometimes for 2k but they never have any details about who it was built by or what has been done to it.
If I brought one for 2k then sold my 11mm pump I think it would be worth it but would want to know who built it.
I'll keep you in mind if I ever get rid of my ufi pump. Yes it was built by matt not swaff

·
united fuel injection
Nissan
2,633 Posts
Hahahahahahahaha "race" pump .

Like there $1100 "race" injectors that don't last 1000k's when all the springs break.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts