Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a TD42 Auto and a TB42 Auto. I am looking at swapping the cabins around.
I am pretty confident in pulling it off as I have a hoist and plenty of room.

My only concern is the wiring looms, from studying the manual it shouldn't be too tricky I probably would have to sort something out for a glow plug indicator for the TB cabin.

Any more tips?

·
Registered
nissan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you think it would be easier to do an engine swap?

I have two good condition running vehicles, and when I finish I want to have two good condition running vehicles - but with opposite power plants.

·
Premium Member
nissan
142 Posts
No matter which way you go it will be a lot of work. I am 3/4 through putting a petrol body onto a diesel chassis. If they are not similar years and options, the plugs for the wiring loom wont fit. Also when changing the looms remember that they are old and if you bend twist them the wrong way you may end up with problems. I am chasing a fault in the tail light wiring because of this. Think about how you are going to move the separate bodies and then line up the holes on the "new" chassis, I had a good sized trailer to help with that and could borrow some wheel dollies to get the holes lined up.
good luck whichever way you decide to go

Tim

·
Registered
nissan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks troller,

I have a 1988 Series 1 Ti TD42 and a 1995 series 2 RX TB42.

I also have access to a hoist and a large trailer to roll under the body when off.

I guess I need to draw up a pros and cons list of cab swap vs engine swap and pick which ever is going to take the least amount of work/ be the most beneficial.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts