Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so thought I would start a build thread on this good truck.
Here is what it has at the moment:
Raslarr Front bar
Raslarr Rear bar
Hayman Reese towbar
4'' stainless snorkel by Raslarr
2'' Flexy Coils and 2'' shocks
33'' Maxxis Bighorns
Tigerz 11 alloy roof rack (180cm)
Kings awning
Factory rear locker running through a mac solenoid
2.5'' exhaust (sounds great)
And of course the awesome TD42

Not long had her only about 2 months, all the rust had been taken off and there is none and the little there is, is to be expected. For a 25 year old truck its in excellent condition, the paint however is acrylic and chips really easy, think is was done by the previous owner as a DIY job. The engine is non turbo obviously with just over 480,000 klms on it, this didn't phase us much as we know how reliable the TD42's are when kept nicely and it doesn't feel as if it's going to pack it in anytime soon, not sure if in the future I would like to turbo it or do any other mods to it as it could ruin the reliability of it and TBH the sound is quite nice.

Things that will be done...
will be putting a K&N air filter in
it currently has a ZD30 airbox which is alright but the seal isn't the best and if I hold the hose on it, it will leak slightly, however we also have a GU with a blown ZD30 and the airbox is in good condition so i'll swap them over soon, the blown gu also has our UHF on it which I will put on the GQ.
there is wiring for spotties but he didn't sell it with them so will get some lightforce soon
I have a load of stuff I would like to it but money is the problem as always, it's pretty damn good as it is though so I'm not in any rush to add to it :)

Pictures soon...

·
Registered
Nissan
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The adhesive holding the mudflaps onto the fender kept coming off, so I did this to keep it tight, reckon it looks alright.

Also bought this gearknob.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
115 Posts
Hey mate I think I follow you on insta, love the shorty but that gear knob is seriously ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey mate I think I follow you on insta, love the shorty but that gear knob is seriously ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha you probably do, and yeah it's abit cheesy but it actually has a really nice feel to it when driving so I'm going to keep it on there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts