Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone.
now no hurtful words here im just being curious...
has anyine done/seen/know of anyone fitting an air start to thier patrol..
i had a 75 series ute that had one a few years ago.
any information would be nice.. im just looking to do something thats a little outta the box

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
That's one way to make things complicated. Why do you want to go this way? Looks like you would need a fair amount of air to get it going which means always having a pressurized air tank ready for when you jump in next otherwise you will be waiting till the tank is full before starting, might get a bit annoying.

·
Registered
nissan
336 Posts
That's one way to make things complicated. Why do you want to go this way? Looks like you would need a fair amount of air to get it going which means always having a pressurized air tank ready for when you jump in next otherwise you will be waiting till the tank is full before starting, might get a bit annoying.
Exactly what I was thinking. It has a lot more potential for problems than an elec starter. I know it's popular on prime movers but look at the size of those motors & they're already fitted with big air tanks for brakes etc. Plus they generally have a lot more room in the engine bay.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was just curious... i wont do it on my patrol as it needs to be my daily... i was thinking an outta the box project...making a mini truck

·
A Quiet One
nissan
455 Posts
They were great for scaring the **** out of office types who got too close to the truck, he he!

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,286 Posts
I remember my 1st air start, I was only 10 year old and was told to hit the big button on the dash of a Mack truck. Scared the shyte out of me. These days I love it, I always had a grin on my face every time a started a 785 up at work
v12 fired up via air start = Awesome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts