Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I tried very hard to find info in regards to fitting a boost compensator to my TD42.

Called Rankins and AG Diesel, they will probably charge around $3000 for rebuild of pump, installing a boost compensator, overhaul of the injectors and tuning.

Just wondering whether this sounds alright?

And I don't believe my injectors (new since 130K km ago, ) and pump (repaired 9 years ago) need serious attention, therefore would think about boost compensator only.

Is it easy to install myself?

Cheers,

·
I trust your dash vents are clean...
nissan
732 Posts
Been there, done that and as usual, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Had my 10mm GQ pump fitted with a boost comp a few years ago as I 'couldnt afford' to have the pump rebuilt.... was near a grand to have a comp supplied and fitted to the pump. Had the injectors rebuilt also which was another $350 re'cod with an increased crack pressure.

Should have just had the pump built to 11mm or 12mm spec and been done with instead of stuffing around wtih the 10mm pump.

What turbo are you running, what do you want/use the vehicle for, how many kays on the engine etc?

·
Registered
nissan
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Turbo is a Schwitzer, with water to air IC.

It is 460K on the clock, but the last 130K since new injectors and repaired pump were mainly long distance touring, which probably helps. (Is pump repair the same as rebuild?)

I used the car for daily drive to the railway station and camping on holidays.

My only concerns at the moment are fuel economy (more than 15L/100km) and huge black smoke when climbing hills, due to overfuel at low revs.

·
Registered
Nissan
40 Posts
I got a quote from Guy at Diesel australia. 180 for testing the pump and 450 for supply and fitment of the compensator. Then post it home and fit it myself :)

Reactions: neixian

·
Registered
nissan
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds great. Please let me know how it goes. I am keen to do the same.

How many K's has your pump travelled since last rebuild? What if he suggest you to rebuild the pump after testing? How much will he charge?

·
Registered
nissan
62 Posts
I got a quote from Guy at Diesel australia. 180 for testing the pump and 450 for supply and fitment of the compensator. Then post it home and fit it myself :)
Hey Jordy, have you since fitted the 10mm pump with the compensator? Very keen to know how it goes now if so. I would be looking at doing something similar myself for that price!

·
Registered
nissan
62 Posts
Sorry, phone's playing up. I'll pm you details later if you want it. He was half the price of an equivalent pump at AG
Sorry mate jut saw this now, yes if you wouldn't mind PMing me please:p

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,033 Posts
Sorry mate jut saw this now, yes if you wouldn't mind PMing me please:p
Send him a PM yourself. He might not see a thread he responded to a couple of months ago. A PM will make sure he sees it next time he logs on.

Cheers,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts