Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,994 Posts
normally a flat blade screwdriver to the injector pump for more fuel
i used a 6mm socket. . . . did the same job im thinking tho. . . . . :D

How far can i turn that screw btw?? iv wound it on a fair bit, but iv kept my egt's ok(before i added more boost it was getting higher egt's, changed boost controller to 17psi, egt's are good now). should i see a trail of soot as i pass cars? or will i only get that if i buy a big pump?

·
Registered
nissan
40 Posts
Hey Truckster are the new owners Asians ?
Asians don't do Fish & Chips very well.
I wanted a heads up, not so sure I want to risk going to Frankston, place scares me a little, still have no bullbar on the Patrol, so Frankston is a NO - GO zone.;-);-);-)

·
Registered
90 Posts
digging up old thread....Im selling my GU ute td24t (the non efi motor) and i had an interested party call me today, asking if it was efi or not. i said no, and asked what his concern was. he said that later down the track he would like to chip it. I replied with "Its not possible to chip a TD42, the injection is still indirect" but he said nah ya can, my mate has done it. I said that even if there was a chip it wouldnt do much, and the money would be better spent on doing the fuel pump and putting a boost controller on, but he said no i didnt know what I was talking about, and hung up.

Just confirming my information is correct, please!!

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Hey Truckster are the new owners Asians ?
Asians don't do Fish & Chips very well.
I wanted a heads up, not so sure I want to risk going to Frankston, place scares me a little, still have no bullbar on the Patrol, so Frankston is a NO - GO zone.;-);-);-)
Our local one is bloody good. Maybe they just don't like the look of you :idiot:

·
Registered
832 Posts
digging up old thread....Im selling my GU ute td24t (the non efi motor) and i had an interested party call me today, asking if it was efi or not. i said no, and asked what his concern was. he said that later down the track he would like to chip it. I replied with "Its not possible to chip a TD42, the injection is still indirect" but he said nah ya can, my mate has done it. I said that even if there was a chip it wouldnt do much, and the money would be better spent on doing the fuel pump and putting a boost controller on, but he said no i didnt know what I was talking about, and hung up.

I will guarantee you, there is no chip for the td42.
BTW: no efi on any td42. What you are referring to is a td42ti, which does have an ecu, BUT in terms of engine management all it does is alter injection timing for an optimal setting. Fueling is still done mechanically by the injector pump. You can 100% prove this by disconnecting the ecu, the engine will still start & run.

·
Registered
90 Posts
yeh i know i was repeating what he had said. i shouldve told him none of the TDs were efi. as i said, not worth my time. his mate prob had a 2.8 ha

·
Registered
nissan
1,354 Posts

What an enormous knob!

·
Registered
nissan
11,208 Posts
i guess if you gave a td42 a patato it might turn it into a chip when they start warming up. but as for mod chip hell no.
i think also the td42ti uses ecu to control egr valve.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts