Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I bought an intercooled 4.2 turbo diesel GU3 late last year, and have just changed oil and filters. According to the Ryco catalogue, the TD42Ti engine uses 2 different type of oil filters, however mine used 2 the same (Z503). So I thought I'd check my engine number, and it is given as TD42xxxxxxA. Is this a genuine turbo diesel engine, or is it a n/a block...? Got me worried now. Everything in the engine bay looks factory as in nearly all hose clamps have a paint mark on them, etc... it just looks factory, but just worried about the block...

Cheers,
Simon

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Hi,
I bought an intercooled 4.2 turbo diesel GU3 late last year, and have just changed oil and filters. According to the Ryco catalogue, the TD42Ti engine uses 2 different type of oil filters, however mine used 2 the same (Z503). So I thought I'd check my engine number, and it is given as TD42xxxxxxA. Is this a genuine turbo diesel engine, or is it a n/a block...? Got me worried now. Everything in the engine bay looks factory as in nearly all hose clamps have a paint mark on them, etc... it just looks factory, but just worried about the block...

Cheers,
Simon
Pm me your Vin Number Simon, & I will see what I can find out for you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Factory intercooled TD42 engines ran 2 of the same filters. Earlier TD42 turbo Non intercooled often ran two diferent filters.
Terry

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Hi all, the boys are spot on...............2x z503's;)

·
Registered
nissan
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the definitive answer guys, supports what I found on mine, and clears up the confusion :)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
P.H whats the point in him PMing u his VIN, for u to post it up in your reply. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts