Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday,

Was wondering where everyone has been fitting the watchdog sensor on there TD42 Engine?

Where do you guys think the best place would be ?

Cheers

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
look for a thread on here or exploroz by Roachie
he has more alarms and buzzers than a jumbo

·
Registered
nissan patrol
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks truckster, i will have a look around.....i have noticed a few threads on the watchdog but cant find the info of where the best spot is to put the sensor for the TD42. At the moment i have just fitted near the thermostat housing but not sure if i would get a good reading there as its near the fan

·
Registered
nissan patrol
3,907 Posts
I put mine on a bolt on the thermostat housing, coolant flows through that area its also aluminum so would suck heat off the engine quickly.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Mine on each vehicle is under a thermostat housing bolt, after testing many other places this is the place that gave me the quickest temperature updates.

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,064 Posts
I obviously don't have a TD42, I have the TB48 but also have it on the thermostat housing bolt and it works like a charm. Almost instant changes in temp according to throttle position etc.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
3,907 Posts
I think benno28 has his mounted in a hose joiner on the top radiator hose. That's on his 2.8. I would say that's the best place as it reads any loss of water going into the motor.
Thats a different one, its called an Engine Saver and is a low coolant alarm.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
Thats a different one, its called an Engine Saver and is a low coolant alarm.
Quite possible. i just remember seeing it when i was looking under his bonnet. i thought it was the engine watchdog. and yes it does have an alarm.

Cheers
Troy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts