Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've had a search and have not been able to find anything to answer my question. So here we go.

After sitting on the freeway for a while (1hr +) and then slowing down for a round about or a corner, when you give it a boot full it feels like it has a miss at around 2700-3000RPM, it feels like the pump is slipping or it doesn't get enough fuel. It only ever does this once on acceleration and only after I have sat at a consistent speed on the freeway.

Its got me a little stumped as it does not happen unless I have been driving on the freeway.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
nissan
1,671 Posts
I had that happen on my GQ, turned out it was a cheap intake pipe sucking closed for a moment. Replacing it with a better quality silicone pipe fixed it.

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
Drop your filter in a clear container and have a look whats inside it, obviously replace it with a new one! I recently had dramas with being l9w on power and it would cough and fart around but looked to be blowing a decent amount of soot so I thought it was not a supply issue but thought my pump was showing its age.

Dropped the filter and it was half water to start with and had fungus growing in the primer head, give it a good clean and checked the supply lines and dropped a tank of treatment through it. Happy days again

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys,

I will have investigate both these options, the fuel filter one has me stumped, cause its not like it is down on power, goes like it always has (slow :p).

It is a reasonably fresh filter (6000km old) and my last 5-6 tanks (both) of fuel have had chemtech through them, where can I find the thimble filter?

·
Registered
551 Posts
If you have one, it is in the fuel inlet to the pump. Need to take the banjo fitting off and there should be a spring in there and the small filter underneath. Will need a small piece of wire with a small hook on it to dig it out. It may or may not be there but worth checking just in case.

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
People get caught up in how many k's there filter hasdone and turn a blind eye too it! If I do an oil change I normally do a fuel filter as they can be very sensitive too fuel supply

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I'll head down the shop and get these things today, hopefully I can do this on the weekend and see how we go :)

As usual, a great source of help and knowledge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts