Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only just started having a problem with my NA TD42. Has problems starting like it's being starved of fuel, but starts faster with some throttle applied. But it's also briefly cutting out when I'm driving, most commonly in 3rd approaching 3000rpm. Issue has only started since adjusting the fuel mixture to get more power but have since reduced and increased mixture and problems persists

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's now quite regularly heavily fluctuating the idle rpm with aircon off. Between 400 and 1000 when idle is set at 800

·
Registered
151 Posts
does it sound like air in the fuel?

If no air it will obviously be the lift pump. I know a lot of people put in a low pressure pump to assist the lift pump. Lots of threads on it. google TD42 fuel problem.

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been considering the additional pump but as she runs two separate tanks switched via a solenoid I'm stumped thinking of an appropriate place to put it

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Timmy, if the problem started as soon as you adjusted the fuel, it might be the the small return line than runs back from the injectors. It runs pretty close to the injector pump and it's possible that you've cracked it. Have a real close look at it and maybe just replace it as a precaution.

Care to guess how I found out about this one????:rolleyes:

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turns out that it was that return line to the injector pump. Thanks guys. Originally had suspected the fuel filter housing as you could air getting into it, but just changing the hose fixed the issue

·
Registered
nissan
1,167 Posts
Yup i recently fixed an air issue on my old man's GQ by replacing the same hose.. was bent on an awkward angle and had cracked

1 - 9 of 9 Posts