Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday Guys,

I have a 1997 TD42 and I have now had a no start problem 3 times in the last month, I have found that it will not start when the nose has been pointing up hill. The first time it happened I pulled the fuel hose from the filter housing outlet to injector pump and there was no sign of fuel being pulled through. I put back together and primed it and it started straight away. the other 2 times when it wouldn't start I simply primed it and away it went.

What could be the reason for lack of fuel/air in the line?

Thanks again

Pat

·
Registered
nissan
1,514 Posts
sounds like your lift pump/primer pump (what your fuel filter is screwed to) is lleaking back to your tank. bout $15 for a new one.

·
Registered
nissan
570 Posts
had you recently changed a fuel filter? mine did it same scenario, traced it to hardened fuel hoses that didnt seal properly from the steel lines to primer head which had been disturbed in the filter change. New hoses on both inlet/outlet and the problem was fixed. As a precaution, we have now changed all rubber hoses in the fuel system.

·
Registered
nissan
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All flexible fuel lines have been replaced and filter was done a few months ago but will be replaced in the next month. Id like to know where I can get a new housing from for $15 cause I just priced a gen. One for $300!

Thanks

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
All flexible fuel lines have been replaced and filter was done a few months ago but will be replaced in the next month. Id like to know where I can get a new housing from for $15 cause I just priced a gen. One for $300!

Thanks
Did you prime it at the injector pump aswell as the filter bleed screw?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts