Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
manuals the real mans choice
nissan
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have installed a TD42 factory glow plug control unit into my car that was originally a TB (conversion was done years ago), the glow plugs will cycle through and continually glow every 10s and stop for 5 or so. They continue to do so even at 80 degrees water temp and after 3 minutes.

I have tried following the Haynes wiring diagram, the GP relay is a aftermarket 40amp relay. Glow plugs are 18 months old.

Would this just be a faulty glow computer?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
Hi all

I have installed a TD42 factory glow plug control unit into my car that was originally a TB (conversion was done years ago), the glow plugs will cycle through and continually glow every 10s and stop for 5 or so. They continue to do so even at 80 degrees water temp and after 3 minutes.

I have tried following the Haynes wiring diagram, the GP relay is a aftermarket 40amp relay. Glow plugs are 18 months old.

Would this just be a faulty glow computer?

which plug type is the glow module? I have one here that was about 12 hrs away from going to the tip.

IMG_3144[1].jpg

IMG_3145[1].jpg

IMG_3146[1].jpg

·
Registered
nissan
2,588 Posts
does the 2 pin coolant temp sender have anything to do with glow plug on the older cars?

·
Registered
nissan
812 Posts
even with the coolant temp for the glow it shouldn't keep glowing

something is wrong with the ign power or earth for module maybe

ive tried with temp sender cut and with wires shorted to see which is best time

the module may also have a start signal which stops it glowing once u crank so as not to use up
too much power

its much easier to just buy a new oex brand glow plug timer and all your worries will be swept away

·
manuals the real mans choice
nissan
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Outback, that looks like the unit I'm using

Bobby4wd, I wanted to use the nissan unit as its factory and I already had it.

I'll look into the OEX GP timer though.

I'll try changing the ignition power source and the earth and see if it makes a difference.
Thanks

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
pm me your adress so I can send it too ya

1 - 6 of 6 Posts