Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
nissan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need help installed dts kit on old boys patrol, idles at 750rpm, turn aircon on and it jumps up to 1700rpm how can i stop this

·
united fuel injection
Nissan
2,633 Posts
need help installed dts kit on old boys patrol, idles at 750rpm, turn aircon on and it jumps up to 1700rpm how can i stop this
Adjust the Aircon idle up lever.

·
Registered
141 Posts
hey bud humour me but where abouts is this lever located, have had dirty old hiluxs in the past.

Ok looking at the firewall just above the widscreen wiper motor and to the right is a small black cube, it has a black hose coming out of it which will run down to the injector pump, looking at the pump on the outside towards the drivers side gaurd, is a round canister with a diaphram inside that is connected to a lever which when the air con cuts in it creates a vacuum or pressure? pressure i think that pushes on the diaphram and moves the lever to the pump to bring the revs up to stop the engine stalling or struggling. on the front of the diaphram is an ajusting screw with a lock nut, adjust this accordingly.

I set my idle on my GU TD42 at 650rpm and when the A/C kicks in its set at 750rpm :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts