Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Does anyone near Hobart in Tasmania have TD42 harmonic balancer I can borrow to get some measurements from. Condition doesn't matter as long as I can get centre measurements.
I am chatting with one of the guys at Vibratech TVD and trying to get a fluid damper for my engine.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq ti tb42
28 Posts
Keep us updated on how that goes please
mate.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Have a silvertop one in Launceston you could borrow, would be keen to see what they come up with, I would think you need some engine vibration data also tho?

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,904 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have a silvertop one in Launceston you could borrow, would be keen to see what they come up with, I would think you need some engine vibration data also tho?
Thank you for the offer I really appreciate it but it's a bit far to borrow and return.
Im not in a hurry and I will help an eye out for a second hand one

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Heres a link with a whole bunch of different fluid dampers and sizes from my 5 min look, it seems like one of the ford power stroke dampers might, 8" and be able to fit.
I'll try measure my spare one tomorrow

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Heres a link with a whole bunch of different fluid dampers and sizes from my 5 min look, it seems like one of the ford power stroke dampers might, 8" and be able to fit.
I'll try measure my spare one tomorrow
@bambill may have some input as a part for a different car that may work, but I believe there was major mods to timing cover to fit and out of general diy mod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts