Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished up putting a turbo on my GQ. I haven’t wound the fuel up yet as I’m guessing the factory clutch won’t like it too much. under load it obviously doesn’t make much power but it seems to be driving fine.
it’s my daily drive so until I order a heavy duty clutch I probably won’t touch the fuel screw. Does anyone know the limits of the factory GQ clutch? And from what I can understand running lean with factory n/a pump settings for a while won’t be an issue?
cheers

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
The factory clutch is perfectly ok for a turbo with a mild tune, my GQ had a DTS turbo at @320k, standard pump just wound up a bit but not maxed out, pulling 15psi, and the original factory clutch lasted until the 600k+ mark.
It’ll be fine unless you put on a big pump and big turbo chasing those big numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,369 Posts
Just finished up putting a turbo on my GQ. I haven’t wound the fuel up yet as I’m guessing the factory clutch won’t like it too much. under load it obviously doesn’t make much power but it seems to be driving fine.
it’s my daily drive so until I order a heavy duty clutch I probably won’t touch the fuel screw. Does anyone know the limits of the factory GQ clutch? And from what I can understand running lean with factory n/a pump settings for a while won’t be an issue?
cheers
The pump will be fine,done one myself,better driveability and fuel consumption

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,166 Posts
Does anyone know the limits of the factory GQ clutch?
The GQ 10mm pump effectively limits engine output to levels that the GQ factory clutch can cope with, even with the fuel wound up.

Don't expect a turbo to turn it into a powerhouse with only a 10mm pump. What you will notice is its ability to cruise at the speed limit a lot more effortlessly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
cheers
i put a dts system on a gq 10 years ago and the clutch had 200 k on it . was fine until i put front mount , maxed the fuel out and boost to 15 psi then it slipped like a drunk chick in heels on an ice rink . But **** it went well . would smoke my 04 ute without reving it past 2500

1 - 5 of 5 Posts