Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TB42 Manual and Auto Carbs Different?

Help ! My TB:iconbana:42 petrol Auto ( that is missing the Throttle position switch) has been converted to LPG and appears to have carby that won,t accomaodate a T.P.S switch.
It looks as though whoever did the conversion has rebuilt a manual carby, fitted it and left off the t.p.s. I,ve searched online and it appears that manual carbs are different to Auto. The throttle body or bottom plate seems to not mount the t.p.s and the shaft needs to be longer, can anyone CONFIRM this????

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
I gonna get shot down for this as an "awesomely useless comment" but thats okay, cause then I'll be on a hat trick:)
... the TD42 is a diesel, generally naturally aspriated
...youve got whats known as a TB42 if you got a carburettor thing and a sticker near the filler cap that says Petrol only

you obviously know a lot more about LPG than me , but it an area I'd rather leave to a licensed fitter, in case it all went boom, and then the insurance would have someone to sue!

I've gotta go and duck now ;)
cheers Greg

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha Ha! Thanks Mate, my Blue, I Do Have a TB42 good on ya. Wonder If I can change my 'Title', if not it will still attract some ones attention! :)

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ANYone out there know any one with carby ,auto model TB42? I found some pics that show the bottom plate or (throttle body housing) on the carb looks as though it extends out further to mount t.p.s switch, the shaft looks longer too, I can,t find one locally.

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks fellas, I managed to find those pictures yesterday also, all good i,ll have to see if I can source someone wrecking one, I think i,ll have to get the whole carb, seems as though the t.p.s switch is easy to come by. As mentioned mine seems to be the picture in EF & EL 23. Most the wreckers here in Brisbane don,t have any 'auto' carbs.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Mine is fitted with an auto carb as I have converted it to manual, Still have the tps in place.
If you lived around here I'd swap you.
What effect is it having on the auto with no TPS in place.

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi mate, looks like your too far at Hunter Valley, but hey thanks for the offer!, If I shift it manually, it doesn,t seem to matter, but when in drive, put my foot down on take off, and instead of winding out in each gear it will shift through to top, even if up hill, will still kick back but only when I push it through the floor!
On start up the first flash on the power light is longest, then followed by short ones.looking at the 'flashing codes' for the 'power' light and tests etc in the online manual I have, it says that the revolution sensor isn,t reading, which runs off the t.p.s.
Feels as though i,m labouring the trans at times when in o/d range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts