Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My name is Jose Andres, Iam from Panama Central America.
My Patrol a Y61 gu4 2005 td42 Na.
10 years ago I put a AXT kit, now Iam looking to upgrade the turbo.
Iam running 10mm ip, maybe in a few years I will switch it to a 11mm ip.
I have 2 options of manifolds, the axt one or the td42t factory one. T3 both
No looking for big numbers (remember is NA), but I will like better responds at low mid rpm range, instead of the axt (t3/t4 .82ar) what?

1) Garrett gtx2867r with what .ar turbine? .63?
2) Ufi td05 16g

Cheers
Jose Andres

·
Registered
All work done the hard way with blood, sweat and beers
283 Posts
Hi Jose, welcome to the forum. I'm not an expert by any means but from what I have read the factory TD42T manifold should be fine- if it's cheaper I would go with that. The UFI turbos are highly regarded and if I were in your shoes that is what I would buy. The only other comment I can offer is that if you go to an 11mm pump later, an 18G would be better suited (again, only what I have read). The 18G may be too laggy on a 10mm pump though.

I have a TD05 16G (not UFI though :() with a 10mm pump and it's great.

Good luck,

Knuckles.

Edit: I see you already have an AXT turbo kit, which I assume includes the manifold. Just use what you have.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Knuckles, I have both manifolds.

Yea, I have been reading a lot of the 16g/18g, and I think this is my #1 option now.
Can you tell me about rpm/boost relation? (16g and 10mm ip)

Cheers

·
Registered
283 Posts

Yea, I have been reading a lot of the 16g/18g, and I think this is my #1 option now.

Cheers
Hi Jose, sorry for the late reply- I only came across this thread again by accident. If you want to draw someone's attention, put an "@" symbol in front of their name or reply to their message using the little "Reply" icon directly below what they have written. Then they will be notified and get back to you sooner :)

I can't tell you much about rpm/boost relations from personal experience as my tachometer still doesn't work. There is a heap of information on this forum, just use the search function (try various search terms if you can't find what you are looking for first go)- someone will have asked the question before you!

I can tell you however that the 16G is supposed to spool up and boost earlier in the rev range than the 18G, but the 18G will boost harder and for longer when it comes on as I understand it. This is only of benefit if you have the fuel to feed it (i.e. from a bigger pump, 11mm or 12mm).

Good luck!

·
Registered
283 Posts

Cheers
Hi Jose, sorry for the late reply- I only came across this thread again by accident. If you want to draw someone's attention, put an "@" symbol in front of their name or reply to their message using the little "Reply" icon directly below what they have written. Then they will be notified and get back to you sooner :)

I can't tell you much about rpm/boost relations from personal experience as my tachometer still doesn't work. There is a heap of information on this forum, just use the search function (try various search terms if you can't find what you are looking for first go)- someone will have asked the question before you!

I can tell you however that the 16G is supposed to spool up and boost earlier in the rev range than the 18G, but the 18G will boost harder and for longer when it comes on as I understand it. This is only of benefit if you have the fuel to feed it (i.e. from a bigger pump, 11mm or 12mm).

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts