Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time
nissan
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I'm fitting a GTX2863 to my TD and the turbo dealer has said the turbo requires 1.5lpm. So I've tried and tried but at the most I can get is 1.2lpm
I'm doing the test at cold idle because I don't have any coolant in it at the moment.
I don't want to starve the turbo but I'm thinking that once it's at operating temperature it should be over the 1.5lpm. Anyone got different results? This is the only thing stopping me from whistling into the sunset.

·
nissan
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a -4 oil line. Tried the plug next to the engine mount but no good now I've got it teed into the oil pressure switch.

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,179 Posts
The oil delivery is governed by a restrictor in the line either the at the turbo banjo or the

engine take off,and the mean oil pressure of the take off point. If you increase the hole

in the restrictor,you risk taking too much oil from the engine bearings etc,and flooding the

turbo,possibly blowing the shaft seals.

The oil pressure switch is a common take-off point,and -4 is adequate for the job.

I can't recall recall seeing a minimum supply requirement,I think your setup is fine,

Cheers,G.

·
Registered
nissan
140 Posts
Yep you will have enough oil from the sender with -4 i did run mine from the fitting at the engine mount but i made a steel line that was bigger than -4 and it was just enough. Bill defiantly knows what he is talking about been in the game a long time.

·
nissan
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys guys.

I'm guessing you know the dealer I'm talking about then MiniMackGQ? I found him to be great, happy to help and explain everything. Definitely will be using him again.

·
nissan
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm more worried about an over supply of oil to be honest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts