Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for posting this twice, I also posted this under a thread in GQ section. But I was hoping for an urgent reply:

I have a TD42 engine with two different filters. I don't know the year. It is a N/A which has been turbo'ed. It was fitted with questionable Asian filters (they might be OK, they might not), but I would like some advice on which to use.
The filters have different threads.
So far I have gathered following (my best guess so far):

Filter 1:
Thread 3/4" - 16 tpi UNF
Ryco Z503 or Fleetguard LF3659 or Nissan 15208-43G00

Filter 2:
Thread 1" - 12 tpi UNF
Ryco Z416 - Cant find any equivelants

My problem is that Ryco is not available here, so I was looking for Nissan, Bosch, Fleetguard or whatever to cross reference with.

I read somwhere about a TD42 running Bosch ON067 and DN281, but I om nut sure that these are equivelants?

So my question is: Are the Ryco's above the correct p/n's for my TD42?
And second: Can anyone help with a cross reference to Z416 (if it is the correct filter)

Thanks a lot in advance

Dane

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Not sure about cross reference but the other NIssan number will be 15208 20N10 or the s/cession 15208 20N1A.
You may also find the 15208 43G00 is now 15208 43G0A.
Basically one will have 20N in the number and the other will have 43G.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
16 Posts
TD42 oil filters for GU

Hi Dane,
I can't help with Ryco equivalents, but my UCNY-61 (GU coil cab ute) does indeed have the filters you have listed, that is Z503 and Z416. mine has the factory TD42, no intercooler and a build date of 10/99. This may be of some help.
Regards,
Rob.

·
Registered
nissan
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nizzbits and Ropetangler that is great info - Thanks for clearing that up for me :cheers:

One thing I read in different spots is that the TD42 takes a long time to establish oil pressure. How long time should I expect with these filter? I heard that the is a chance that even though the oil pressure indicator swithces off, it might only be a temporary "boost" and that a sustainable level might take a lot longer.
We might install a pressure gauge like in the SD33T's...

Cheers

Dane

1 - 8 of 8 Posts