Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im in the middle of putting my td back together but i think im missing some patrs can somone put up a pic of there drive belts and pully layout for me thanks

·
Registered
nissan
11,155 Posts
the only idler pulley is in the ac belt.
there is also a deflection idler for the alt belt at the bottom.
otherwise its just over all the pumps and alt.

·
Registered
Nissan
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys i wll post up a pic off a part i cant find where it goes and looks like i am missing the a/c pully unit all together

·
Registered
nissan
4,988 Posts
Don't know if this helps you at all.
This is my TD42T but I've swapped the alternator and steering pump over otherwise the pulleys and tensioners are in their right place.
The blue pulley is for the A/C compressor which, as you can see, is not mounted

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Yep that had me confused for a sec!
So why the swap with alternator and power steer pump?

·
Registered
nissan
4,988 Posts
Thanks mate sort of helps me have you done that swap because of its going into tb45 ?
Yes, because if you leave the alternator with the vacuum pump in its original TD42 position, you have to replace the TB45 A/C lines i.e. get custom hoses made or source TD42T hoses and recharge the system.

The other advantage is with the power steering pump. The original TB45 steering hoses and cooler lines will bolt straight up now whereas they needed cutting/rerouting if the pump was on the right.

Final small advantage is I don't need to cut and lengthen the alternator wires.

·
Registered
nissan
4,988 Posts
If it wasn't bolted to the engine, is it possible it was just thrown in by someone who assumed it went with that engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts