Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi fellas my old td42 is getting pretty tired and i was thinking of sprusing it up a bit before something very bad happens, anyone no a rough price to get a bit stronger internals put in it ill pull the motor out myself and will i just need to do the top end or do i touch the bottom too? i wanna build it to get up ther around the 150kw mark with a bigger pump, any suggestions? and anyone recommend anyone? Prices?
cheers any help appreciated

·
Give it some goat
nissan
2,697 Posts
Lots just put a bigger petrol in. Bigger pump probs 2g, if you are going to rebuild it get a new turbo while you are there at about another $1500? Rebuild kit with after market stronger interals say another 2? $5500 and all you have is parts, i think ls3's are 5g for a new engine.... That would give you 300kw...

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
youre looking at about $2500 just for a decent high performance pump rebuild to get that sort of power.
cheap and slightly doubtful turbo kit $3000 if you DIY. decent high performance turbo kit $4000 and up.
intercooler and piping $600 minimum DIY.
exhaust $500 assuming your turbo kit comes with a decent dump pipe.

comfirm it's actually running properly before you decide to rebuild it.
they barely even begin to wear out till after about 300,000km if its serviced properly.
cant recommend anyone unless you at least say what state you are in.

if it really is "tired" it means poor compression and lots of blow by, which is rings and a hone, maybe pistons too. and since the crank is out new bearings. so pretty much a full rebuild.

has it even got a turbo now? you didnt say..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts