Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a na td42 gq. I just removed the stock top air filter housing etc to put a straight peice of stainless and a zd30 air filter box in its place, where can i run the rocker cover oil line? Ive ran it into my chassis for now. But i dont know what else to do, i dont really like the idea of the oil going back into the inlet manifold, ive been told to not fit a oil catchcan because of restrictions etc. What can i do? Im currently leaving abit of an oil patch outside my house. Also it does blow abit of smoke out the hose into the chassis that i can see. Is this bad? Cheers.

·
Registered
TD42 conversion done with blood, sweat and beers
283 Posts
Hey mate, if you don’t want to put back into the intake or run a catch can you aren’t leaving yourself a lot of options! There is no egr on a td42 so it won’t hurt it to run it back into the intake. Having said that I do run a catch can but with 1” all the way to remove restrictions.
Wouldn’t worry about a bit of smoke out of the hose, they all do it

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
4,510 Posts
Back into the intake mate, like it is supposed to. Many of us have catch cans, but only quality items such as the Provent, and fitted properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts